"NoteCaddy is Still loading" problem. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you try to create a new database in HM2, will NoteCaddy connect to that new database?

Hello, NotecaddyEdge

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    If you try to create a new database in HM2, will NoteCaddy connect to that new database?
    No, same

One question, if in NoteCaddy.Errors.log i see:

Error connecting to Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;User Id=postgres;Password=********;Database=postgres

It means that the password contains 8 characters, if there are 8 asterixes or is it always displayed like this?

I ask because i have this:

password = "1"
    Last edited by FALOs; 07-31-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Hi FALOs,

I'm honestly not too sure about that. Is it possible for you to change your postgresql password in pgAdmin III? Maybe try setting it to the default 'postgrespass' and see if it can connect.

Bro, This is both funny and sad. Most interestingly, I figured out to test this idea in first day after viewing a log, but my Google search for "default password for postgreSQL" returned me links that were of no help. Therefore, I decided that if there are 8 asterixes, then the user is "postgres" and default password is also "postgres". How close I came to solving this riddle, and thank you for prompting the correct password. Why the hell didn't Google help me - I made the wrong request?

One thing is surprising - am I the only person who over the past 3 years has changed this password when installing PostgreSQL or using PGAdmin, in order to make it easier to log into PGadmin DB? Amazing!

In general, the result is this:

As far as I know, the new HM3 has already said goodbye to PostgreSQL, but nevertheless, it is probably better to return in the next updates for HM2 users the ability to enter not only with the default, but with any password set by the user. I don't think it will take long for sreticentv.

Thank you for all these days trying to help me, and in the end together we found an amazingly simple solution.
    Last edited by FALOs; 08-01-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Hi FALOs,

I'm really glad you got it sorted out! Thanks for letting us know how you solved it.

I will write up a ticket for Sreti, so he can solve it and prevent it from happening to others in the future.

Looks like the developer already put a fix out for this. If you want to change your password again in postgresql, you shouldn't have any issues connecting to NoteCaddy. Thank you again for reporting it

Here's a link to the new HM2 NC build: http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.2.9.51.0.zip

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Looks like the developer already put a fix out for this. If you want to change your password again in postgresql, you shouldn't have any issues connecting to NoteCaddy. Thank you again for reporting it

Here's a link to the new HM2 NC build: http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.2.9.51.0.zip
    Oh, ty bro, sorry for late answer.
    Please tell me, somewhere I can look at the list of changes that have occurred, say between NC 2.8 and the latest version? Something I cannot find on the forum. sreticentv or someone else somewhere lays out a discussion of changes, fixes and innovations?

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Oh, ty bro, sorry for late answer.
    Please tell me, somewhere I can look at the list of changes that have occurred, say between NC 2.8 and the latest version? Something I cannot find on the forum. sreticentv or someone else somewhere lays out a discussion of changes, fixes and innovations?
    You're welcome. Sreticentv doesn't maintain a changelog list for the Beta versions. Perhaps after it's released out of Beta a changelog or article will come out laying out all the enhancements.