API in HM3

Thread: API in HM3

Default API in HM3

Hello!

Will there in HM3 be some kind of API like you did it in HM2?
    It was the unique feature which still makes HM2 the best tracker in the world, as it grants unlimited possibilities to perform your DB analysis.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Manslay View Post
    Hello!

It was the unique feature which still makes HM2 the best tracker in the world, as it grants unlimited possibilities to perform your DB analysis.

Thanks.
    We have an open feature request for a 'HMQL Report' like HM2 had. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-2209 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

We also will eventually have a fully documented API for 3rd party developers to make their apps integrate with our database like NoteCaddy and Range Wizard can currently do. We’ll be building something out for the 1.2 release which is still a bit away.

Thank you for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Manslay View Post
    Hello!

Thanks.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is an API? I ask as I'm trying to conduct database analysis and Notecaddy seems sluggish, whilst HEM 2 filters are not great

API stands for Application Programming Interface.

Using HM2 I can set some routines and then press one button in my Excel sheet to get a complete analysis of whatever I want to see — compare all the stats you could imagine with other players; get winrates in any situation regarding hole cards, preflop or postflop line, number of opponents, bank sizes etc.; see the profitability of any hand in any situation and so forth...

All this becomes possible because of API HM2 has. An external program connects to an instance of HM2 running and sends a request coded in HMQL language via TCP. HM2 in turn replies with a JSON containing the results of your query. And you just need to parse this response and display it in any suitable way you like in your application. I am using Excel as analysis program, but it could be just any application you like.

And HM2 is the only one and unequaled tracker capable of doing this. If i had to choose between a tracker with API but no built-in reports, range research, whatsoever and other one with all the modern features and no API, I'd prefer the first one. And I am still using HM2 while it works.

Thank you for your comments.

For future reference: If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again. Our forums have automated moderation for possibly malicious posts and your multiple threads all went into the moderation queue to be manually approved.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Thank you for your comments.

For future reference: If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again. Our forums have automated moderation for possibly malicious posts and your multiple threads all went into the moderation queue to be manually approved.
    Could you please share an update on this? It has been 9 months, I can't wait to switch over to HM3 as soon as the HMQL is available as it was on HM2

Quote Originally Posted by laakistuff View Post
    Could you please share an update on this? It has been 9 months, I can't wait to switch over to HM3 as soon as the HMQL is available as it was on HM2
    Are you referring to the HMQL report feature request for HM3? I do not have an estimate for when this feature will be added. We do not give estimates until it has been confirmed as implemented/resolved by our testers and the release is imminent. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-2209 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

There is a 3rd party DB Browser application you can use to perform basic queries on your HM3 databases similar to how you could with PGAdmin for HM2.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Are you referring to the HMQL report feature request for HM3? I do not have an estimate for when this feature will be added. We do not give estimates until it has been confirmed as implemented/resolved by our testers and the release is imminent. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-2209 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

There is a 3rd party DB Browser application you can use to perform basic queries on your HM3 databases similar to how you could with PGAdmin for HM2.
    Thank you for the update and the link! Hopefully it'll be available soon