Startup

Thread: Startup

Default Startup

Hi,

I had a virus involved with HM3 which has been quarantined. I've deleted and reinstalled HM3 as well as run multiple scans since and the computer is fine. Since then whenever I've open the program it the Black/Orange window pops up like so:
    https://gyazo.com/cc7b774d8033fadd86cf569acbc06310

but then after it says 'initializing views' it simply disappears and the program doesn't open with no processes in task manager associated with it. I've tried running it as administrator and without so if there's any advice you could give me that would be helpful. Thank you

Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

This is common with new software like ours that hasn't been downloaded**by a lot of customers yet that can report the false positives to antivirus companies. *You need to report it as a false positive to your antivirus vendor so it won't affect other HM3 users with the same antivirus in the future, then remove the file from quarantine and/or reinstall the software and make sure to exclude HM3 from scanning by by your AntiVirus.

Open your Windows Defender (or chosen AntiVirus program) > History tab:
    1) Select the files if they are from holdemmanager with that checkbox on the left side, then in the bottom right of the window click 'Allow Item'.
    2) Start HM3.

If you continue to have problems:

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

- Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    - Reboot your computer
    - Download and install HM3 again from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...channel=stable
    - Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled).
    - Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210

Please let us know if that does or does not solve your issues.

If none of that helps:

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

This is common with new software like ours that hasn't been downloaded**by a lot of customers yet that can report the false positives to antivirus companies. *You need to report it as a false positive to your antivirus vendor so it won't affect other HM3 users with the same antivirus in the future, then remove the file from quarantine and/or reinstall the software and make sure to exclude HM3 from scanning by by your AntiVirus.

Open your Windows Defender (or chosen AntiVirus program) > History tab:
    1) Select the files if they are from holdemmanager with that checkbox on the left side, then in the bottom right of the window click 'Allow Item'.
    2) Start HM3.

If you continue to have problems:

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

- Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    - Reboot your computer
    - Download and install HM3 again from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...channel=stable
    - Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled).
    - Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210

Please let us know if that does or does not solve your issues.

If none of that helps:

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Thanks but the HM3 started malfunctioning/crashing THEN the virus was discovered and quarantined. Do your instructions still apply?

My antivirus is Malwarebytes and Norton 360 and I'm on Windows 7.

I run Windows 7 with Malwarebytes and Norton 360.

I didn't mention that HM3 started malfunctioning/crashing and wouldn't reopen THEN I found the virus which was then quarantined and only then did the program want to restart at all. Does this change your instructions to me?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by feelsolver View Post
    Thanks but the HM3 started malfunctioning/crashing THEN the virus was discovered and quarantined. Do your instructions still apply?

My antivirus is Malwarebytes and Norton 360 and I'm on Windows 7.
    Yes, they still apply. Both MBAM and Norton are known to cause a variety of conflicts/issues with HM3 on some customer's systems. Please follow all the steps you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by feelsolver View Post
    I run Windows 7 with Malwarebytes and Norton 360.

I didn't mention that HM3 started malfunctioning/crashing and wouldn't reopen THEN I found the virus which was then quarantined and only then did the program want to restart at all. Does this change your instructions to me?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
    If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again. Our forums have automated moderation for possibly malicious posts and your multiple threads all went into the moderation queue to be manually approved.