Feeling frustrated with HM3 development

Default Feeling frustrated with HM3 development

Hi,

I have become increasingly frustrated with the development of HM3. For me, and I suspect for many others, HM2 provided all the functionality I needed or could imagine needing. I didn't want to upgrade, but when I was told that WPN Blitz hands would probably never be supported by HM2, I had to upgrade. I didn't mind! The software requires constant development, so of course it makes sense that the old pay model would not be sustainable. HM3 introduces that sustainability.

What I find myself frustrated with is that, despite having been in development for years, HM3 continues to lack basic functionality that was a mainstay of HM2. For me, the most consequential of these is the inability to show sample size on the HUD for smaller samples. There have been numerous threads on this issue dating back to at least November, including several different variations on the same idea (e.g. min sample filter), yet we are never provided with the remotest indication of when or even if it will be available. Not only is it suspect to me that an upgrade to a product would strip out features which are in high demand, the actual development process continues to be kept unusually opaque, and we are left having to simply trust that issues are being tackled by customer - and not developer - priority.

So, in effect, I've been artificially forced to purchase an entirely new piece of software that is less useful than its predecessor. Kind of shitty if you ask me!

I forwarded your entire post to our QA/Testing Manager and our Managing Partner for their reference.

For me, the most consequential of these is the inability to show sample size on the HUD for smaller samples. There have been numerous threads on this issue dating back to at least November,
    Sample can be displayed for any sample size. Were you referring to some sort of filtering? You can enable it in the HUD Editor for any stat in the HUD or Popup, and you also always get samples on mouse-over.

Or were you referring to samples in popups, instead of the HUD, which would be this:

HMT-4985: Add option to hide popup samples (times/opportunites) after 99 samples (Missing HM2 Feature)

This request only has 3 users linked to it. We don't begin to consider new features until we have 10+ users linked to the issue, and then we have to work it in among all the other stuff we have scheduled for the upcoming releases.

This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you (or anyone else not yet linked to it) want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-4985 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

including several different variations on the same idea (e.g. min sample filter),
    Unfortunately, even though HMT-3214: Add stat specific 'Min Samples' filter to HUD Editor - Item Properties (HM2 Feature) is a very popular (missing HM2 feature) request it isn't something we will likely be able to add to HM3 until we completely redesign the HUD system (the editor, options, and HUD code itself) in our 'HM3 HUD 2.0' project at some point in the future.

Oh JFC, I had no idea you could hover over the stats like that. That, uh, changes a lot. And yes I was referring to the popups, so 3214/4985.

In any event, thank you so much for the detailed response. I'm sorry if my tone was out of line - I'd just been frustrated by this for awhile now.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by mythrilfox View Post
    And yes I was referring to the popups, so 3214/4985.
    This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *

HMT-4985 Add option to hide popup samples (times/opportunities) after 99 samples (Missing HM2 Feature)

If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-4985 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.