Hud recovery after pc change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hud recovery after pc change

hi, first of all sorry for my basic english. i changed pc and installed the latest version of hm2 the 8695, i still have the possibility to access the old hard disk, so i wanted to know if it was possible to recover the hud configuration i had and if so how.
    thanks for your help

It would have been easier if you had exported the HUDs from the old HM2 installation but you can still recover them manually.

C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config\prefs.xml is the file you need to copy from the old installation to the new install. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

You may also want to copy/paste the original hand history files as well, if you might ever want to import them to your database on the computer. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    It would have been easier if you had exported the HUDs from the old HM2 installation but you can still recover them manually.

C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Config\prefs.xml is the file you need to copy from the old installation to the new install. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

You may also want to copy/paste the original hand history files as well, if you might ever want to import them to your database on the computer. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.
    I found the prefs.xml file but when I go to import it I get a pop up with the writing "no config found".
    as for the old hand histories I managed to import it but now the hands of snai.it give them to me wrong while before they marked them right.
    what can I do?
    thanks for your help

I found the prefs.xml file but when I go to import it I get a pop up with the writing "no config found".
    as for the old hand histories I managed to import it but now the hands of snai.it give them to me wrong while before they marked them right.
    what can I do?
    thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ngppat View Post
    what can I do?
    thanks for your help
    If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again. Our forums have automated moderation for possibly malicious posts and your multiple threads all went into the moderation queue to be manually approved.

You can't import a prefs.xml because it is not a single exported HUD profile, it is all of your HUD profiles and settings all in one file. Simply copy/paste it from the old drive to the same location on your new drive/computer with HM2 closed, then start HM2, and you should have all of your old HUD profiles on the new machine.

what can I do?
    thanks for your help
    I have no idea what that means.

Please update to the latest beta version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe

- After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*
    * If you do not see an 'unblock' option you can ignore this step.
    - Then, right click the file and run as administrator.

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If none of that helps:

Please zip and email the problem hand histories and tournament summaries, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to us using the 'Contact Support' link.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM2Archive\2016\07\31).

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then click 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com or google drive.
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

I did as you said, i.e. copying / pasting the prefs.hml file in the config folder of the new pc with hm2 closed and then start hm2 but despite this I still don't see the old hud configurations.

I did as you said, i.e. copying / pasting the prefs.hml file in the config folder of the new pc with hm2 closed and then start hm2 but despite this I still don't see the old hud configurations.
    You must not have copied the right file, or you copied it from/to the wrong folder.

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please zip/attach that prefs.xml file you found and take screenshots of where you found/copied it from and where you pasted it to.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com or google drive or FireFox Send - https://send.firefox.com/ - and copy/paste the download link to us.
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en