Notes and Database

Default Notes and Database

Hi,
    I'm planning to export my database to a new computer and i would like to know if the notes are part of the database,and if not how can i add them to the database once i will have imported it to my new PC.
    I try to find the info in the FAQ but i didn't found ,Thx in advance.

You can make a backup of the active database and settings at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu. Individual HUD Profiles can also be exported from the HUD - HUD Editor - Options button menu.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). *It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

If you also want to manually backup the database/settings files: Your actual uncompressed HM3 databases are stored in*C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\.**Your personalized HM3 settings/files are stored in*C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\. If you can't see those folders/files, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Ok thx and let's say i want to just add HH in an already existing database,is there a way to just export and import player notes separatly later from those HH?

And second question ,is there a way to merge 2 database?

EDIT: Sorry i just found the option to export player notes in HM,but i can't find a merge option for database ,so i assume it's not possible,but it would be a great option.The main reason would be for me,since i use HM3 i played a lot of KO mtt where the summary is not good or whatever ,so the winnings are wrong when they appear on HM3(and trying to edit the bounty is still bugging and modifies the buyin amount,so the only way to have something quite ok is to edit the winning prize by adding the bounty amount to the regular prizepool amount),so i have more than 200 KO mtt manually edited,it would be a real pain in the ass to export HH on my other HM3 computer,because i would still need to edit all of them to have correct results,so the only way of doing it easily would be to merge 2 database.
    But maybe you have the solution for this?
    Last edited by ZygomatiK; 06-24-2020 at 12:22 PM.

There is no way to merge two databases or keep two databases in sync with player notes, hand notes, aliases, etc. You can backup the database with all the edits then restore it to the other PC and then manually import hands and edit tournaments played after the backup was created.

HM2 had a DB 'Sync' feature but it was only able to sync hands, it couldn't sync aliases, player/hand notes, manually edited tournament results, etc. We have a feature request for a proper HM3 DB Sync system but no estimate for when it will actually be worked on in the future. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-3119 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

The only way to sync them currently is manually. You would need to keep your \HM3Archive folder on both machines sync'd via dropbox (or similar cloud hosting service), and manually import recent hands to each computer like we suggest for HM2 -*http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Using+Dropbox

You can use the Tools - Backup/Restore Database menu option for the initial transfer of the database but after that you will have to manually import hands to keep them in sync.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing.* You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.