HM2 cannot connect to the PostgreSQL

Default HM2 cannot connect to the PostgreSQL

Hello,

This just happened all of a sudden for no apparent reason. I played normally yesterday and there were no changes made to my set up. No updates on Windows after that or before that either. I've watched your video and tried all solutions.

-> My windows is up to date;
    -> I don't have 3rd parties Anti-Virus installed;
    -> Windows Defender antivirus and Windows Firewall are disabled;
    -> Already running everything as admin;
    -> Uninstalled Postgress and Installed again;
    -> Uninstalled HM2 and Installed again;
    -> My Postgress data folder does not have the postmaster.pid file on it;

Nothing seems to work. I already wasted 3 hours with this. Please don't post coy/paste replies. I've already looked into other similar threads. Also note that for no apparent reason I had to manually re-install Postgres via CMD command a couple of months ago when I switched to this new laptop. I couldn't install it via the combo HM2 + Postgres. Anyway I did it manually and everything was working fine for months now. Also note I do own HM3 but HM2 is so much better that I do want to keep using it.

What can I do?
    Last edited by Joao.Cardoso; 06-19-2020 at 10:07 AM.

I tried to uninstall again PostgreSQL and it couldn't fully uninstall. After that tried to manually uninstall the fold on users and got the error message because the .dat file was open somewhere on system.

https://gyazo.com/fe1d82fb7717a59c5faf80c8ef8f4390

How do I fully uninstall it now to not mix up installations? I have it partially unninstalled. Also I uninstalled HM2 but when trying to run the combo installer it says Postgres is already installed so it's assuming the existing leftovers as the complete app.
    Last edited by Joao.Cardoso; 06-19-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Which Operating System are you using?

Uninstall PostgreSQL & try the following steps:

1) Run cmd.exe as Admin (Start > Search 'cmd' > Right-Click > Run As Admin)
    2) in CMD window run (type the code then hit Enter key) following command:
    net user postgres /del
    3) Reboot PC
    4) after reboot open cmd.exe again & run following commands:
    net user postgres postgrespass /add
    net localgroup Administrators postgres /add
    net localgroup Users postgres /delete
    runas /userostgres cmd.exe

When it asks about password please input postgrespass & don`t worry if you don`t see any new symbols\inputs in cmd window. If you did all steps right then you should get new cmd window for postgres user.

5) Download PostgreSQL installer (http://get.enterprisedb.com/postgres...-1-windows.exe) & move (copy/paste) it from the \Downloads folder to C:\
    6) in new cmd window for postgres user run following commands:
    cd c:\
    start postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe

If none of that helps:

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (right-click - Save All Events As...)and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well.

*When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

I've tried everything listed on the official faq guide and other similar threads, including that fresh install mentioned on your post.

The HM2 combo installer keeps saying the postgres is installed even though I've already uninstalled it. This is due to the leftovers from the user folder it creates that cannot be deleted. Please see my gyazo print above on the link I provided.

I probably need to manually delete the leftovers from previous installations via regedit. How can I do that?

The steps I posted above should remove the files in that image you posted, and everything else related to your current/bad PSQL installation. Please try the steps I wrote in detail and if it does not help then you have to send us the Windows and HM2 log files, in a support ticket with a link to this thread, as instructed in the last half of my post above.

https://gyazo.com/af67f875778ea43d967134f722ff9056

It reads: Can't find username but.. it's still there: even after I run the:
    net user postgres /del as admin and reboot

This will cause a later error when trying to run the app installer as it states that an instance of postgresql is already found when there's nothing there (I've deleted it via control panel)

Update: I've manually deleted the postgres user folder and the app was already uninstalled via control panel as said. Still when running the combo it says that the postgres app is already installed (print attached). There must be conflicting leftovers somewhere on my PC rendering the fresh install impossible.
    Last edited by Joao.Cardoso; 06-20-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao.Cardoso View Post
    https://gyazo.com/af67f875778ea43d967134f722ff9056

It reads: Can't find username but.. it's still there: even after I run the:
    net user postgres /del as admin and reboot

This will cause a later error when trying to run the app installer as it states that an instance of postgresql is already found when there's nothing there (I've deleted it via control panel)

Update: I've manually deleted the postgres user folder and the app was already uninstalled via control panel as said. Still when running the combo it says that the postgres app is already installed (print attached). There must be conflicting leftovers somewhere on my PC rendering the fresh install impossible.
    If you want us to help you further you need to stop posting screenshots in this thread and send us the log files we asked for in a support ticket, with a link to this thread so we can forward those logs to one of our remote support techs that knows more about your PostgreSQL issues.

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (right-click - Save All Events As...)and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.

Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well.

*When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

Man I already did that and got the same automatic message re-directing me to the same faqs I've already went through a lot of times.

At this point I'm just going to re-install windows. It's probably less time consuming. I have HM3 set up but don't see how can I back up that database. Can you help?
    Last edited by Joao.Cardoso; 06-21-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao.Cardoso View Post
    Man I already did that and got the same automatic message re-directing me to the same faqs I've already went through a lot of times.

At this point I'm just going to re-install windows. It's probably less time consuming. I have HM3 set up but don't see how can I back up that database. Can you help?
    If you create a bug report ticket from that first link above it will let you send us a message with a link to this forum thread - https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/ticket/155

That will let us know what you have been told to try or tried yourself so we don't suggest the same things again.

We need to see your log files so you have to collect them as instructed in the last reply and zip/attach them to that support ticket you are creating. We can't know what is causing your problems if you don't send us your log files that we keep asking for. Do NOT attach your log files here, they need to be sent in a support ticket for privacy/security reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    If you create a bug report ticket from that first link above it will let you send us a message with a link to this forum thread - https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/ticket/155

That will let us know what you have been told to try or tried yourself so we don't suggest the same things again.

We need to see your log files so you have to collect them as instructed in the last reply and zip/attach them to that support ticket you are creating. We can't know what is causing your problems if you don't send us your log files that we keep asking for. Do NOT attach your log files here, they need to be sent in a support ticket for privacy/security reasons.
    Just drop it. I sent the log files 2 days ago to the support ticket linked to the forum. Whoever replied to the message didn't read the forum, the log files or even my small description.

I've just fresh installed windows and everything is running. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 06-23-2020 at 06:56 AM. Reason: T521238