Importing HM2 database from other computer into HM3

Default Importing HM2 database from other computer into HM3

Hi guys

Just bought a new computer and installed HM3 on it, no i like to import my old HM2 database into HM3 on the other computer.
    Can you explain me how this works or direct me to a manuel for this.

Thanks in advance

Rgds Stackhunter

You have to install HM2 on the new computer, backup the database on the old computer and transfer the backup file to the new computer, restore the backup file into HM2, then import that database to HM3 via the File - Import HM2 Database... option. That is the only way to import a HM2 DB to HM3. Hm3 can not 'restore' a HM2 'backup', it can only import HM DBs direct from a HM2 installation on the same computer. This will transfer hands, edited tournament results, aliases, hand/player notes, colors, rakeback/bonuses, etc.

The only other option would be to copy the C;\HM2Archive of original hands, or export the hands manually from HM2, and import those to HM3 but that will only be the hands and not any of the other stuff I mentioned above that comes with an actual database. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

So if i understand correctly, if i export the HM2 database hands i import only the stats, but that's enough. Don't care that much about the results.
    So i just export the hands into a file, or just copy the folder? Or how does that works excactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhunter View Post
    So if i understand correctly, if i export the HM2 database hands i import only the stats, but that's enough. Don't care that much about the results.
    So i just export the hands into a file, or just copy the folder? Or how does that works excactly?
    Try importing the original hand history files to the new computer from the archive folder of the old computer first, before you try exporting hands from the old computer for the new computer to import. it is always best, and more accurate, if you import the original hand history files instead of exporting the hands from a database.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

Once you have those on the new computer use the HM3 File - Import Folder option to import that old HM2 archive folder to the new computer's HM3 database. If you are missing any hands then you can try to export the hands from the HM2 - Database Manager - Export tab - https://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...bbon%29#export