$cards and other variables not displaying in HUD

Default $cards and other variables not displaying in HUD

Dear all, I'm new to NoteCaddy and am having some trouble, wondering if anyone may know what I'm doing wrong.

I have created a new note from scratch which simply gets triggered when the flop action sequence is that a player "Called." This way, I can note down what a player called with.

Ideally, I would love it if I could generate notes such as:

Player called with:
    (Top Pair) QJ on Q43 board
    (Mid Pair) 87s on T83 board
    (Flush draw) A4s on 9J3 board

It would be great if I could get a new line generated for each instance (as you can see, above there are 3 instances and therefore 3 lines).

The problem I am running into is that if I use the variable $cards , instead of replacing "$cards" with the player's actual hand, the HUD simply writes the variable "$cards". (In other words, I see the dollar sign and the word "cards").

I have noticed this for all my stats - I can't use non-range style variables.

If I change my variable to say "$cardrange" - it immediately works in my Holdem Manager 3 HUD Pop-up. However, I'm not interested in the range as I would prefer to have a new note/line generated for each instance.

Or alternatively, I'm fine with getting a range, but I don't believe NoteCaddy let's me use multiple range variables together (e.g $flophandrange on $flopboardrange) to give me multiple permutations of input.

So bottom line is: Anytime I use a variable such as $cards, $pfposition, $stacksize, $flopboard, or any NON "range" style variable, I don't see values being inserted in place of the variable. On top of that, NoteCaddy does not generate additional notes.

I am viewing the notes in a simple Holdem Manager 3 HUD "Pop-Up".

I hope the description above and attached screenshot make sense...any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

notecaddy issue.png

Bumping this thread in case it got missed. Please let me know if I can provide a clearer explanation.

My ultimate goal is for my HUD to have a POPUP with 4 tabs: Preflop, Flop, Turn, River

For example, the Flop tab will have different sections:

Leadout as non-PFR:
    2x Bet:
    2.5x Bet:
    3x Bet:
    3.5x Bet:

Bet:
    2x Bet:
    2.5x Bet:
    3x Bet:
    3.5x Bet:

Raise Flop:
    2x Bet:
    2.5x Bet:
    3x Bet:
    3.5x Bet:

Checkraise Flop:
    2x Bet:
    2.5x Bet:
    3x Bet:
    3.5x Bet:

Within each section, I would like a new note each time something happened like this:
    (Top Pair High Kicker) AKs on AJ4 flush draw board
    (Straight Draw) JT on 895 dry board

That is why I feel like I should be able to use the "$cards" variable, but the variable does not seem to get replaced with the person's actual cards in the HUD Pop Up. I don't understand why it isn't working this way.

Any advice on how to solve the issue or a better way to achieve the above result would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Arjun

Hi Coolarj10,

It looks like I did miss this thread, apologies.

It appears that you're correct, many of the variables don't seem to be functioning properly. I reproduced it on my end. I've created a ticket with the NC developer so that he is aware of the issue and will issue a fix in one of the next updates. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

It's not exactly what you want, but for now, an alternative way you can accomplish something similar is to do something like this:

Call Paired Flop $flophandrange
    Call Wet Flop $flophandrange
    Call Monotone Flop $flophandrange
    Raise Flop 2x $flophandrange
    Raise Flop 3x $flophandrange
    Raise Paired Flop $flophandrange
    etc.

Thank you so much! Hopefully it can be updated soon, and in the mean time I will also try your suggestions.

When a new version of NC is available, does it get automatically updated on my PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolarj10 View Post
    Thank you so much! Hopefully it can be updated soon, and in the mean time I will also try your suggestions.

When a new version of NC is available, does it get automatically updated on my PC?
    You're welcome! Updates are pretty regular lately, with 1-2 updates per week I'd say. Yeah when it's available it will automatically update when HM3 loads up after being started.

i keep trying to reply but it keeps disappearing

gona try this a 3rd time... lets see if it actually posts..
    i play on ACR
    Never used NC b4
    I have HM3
    I try to run the setup wizard for the new beta version on notecaddy.. but i cant get passed step two bc it says that it cant locate my pokerstars files...i do not play pokerstars and never have....there is no option to change which site it is searching for.. can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackmind View Post
    gona try this a 3rd time... lets see if it actually posts..
    i play on ACR
    Never used NC b4
    I have HM3
    I try to run the setup wizard for the new beta version on notecaddy.. but i cant get passed step two bc it says that it cant locate my pokerstars files...i do not play pokerstars and never have....there is no option to change which site it is searching for.. can anyone help?
    Responded already to this here: https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...=1#post2508664. In the future please start a new thread when you have an issue that is separate. Your issue is about the NoteCaddy setup, but you posted in a thread about NoteCaddy variables.