Video review about features request and bugs of the replayer

Default Video review about features request and bugs of the replayer

Hello,

I recorded a video to show some stuff that is not working correctly in the replayer and recomending some changes that in my opinion would make the program better. As a poker content creator in 2 big youtube channels and zerospoker.com I still dont feel comfortable showing the program in my videos and the reasons are in the video I recorded for you.

I hope you can watch it and tell me what do you think.

Video: https://youtu.be/FFdIfyv6SNc

Kind Regards,
    Elias.

Please in the future just write out your questions and attach/link screenshots instead of recording a 17 minute video of the issues. This takes much longer for me to review and reply to than if you had written out the issues in text.

1) ~2:30 - You need to disable the replayer 'Skip End of Hand' option if you want to jump to preflop/showdown instead of the previous/next hands.

2) ~4:00 - That is something the PT4 replayer has so we decided to add it to HM3's replayer as well.

3) ~5:00 - This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5427 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

4) ~6:34 - This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-4297 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

5) ~7:15 - This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5428 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

6) ~9:25 - This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5429 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

7) ~11:40 - That is another method to quickly navigate between hands and to be able to tell the pot size graphically. HM2 had something similar:

2020-05-24_10h15_46.jpg

I wrote up a feature request to be able to hide it. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5430 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

8) 13:00 - 17:26

- HM3 replayer highlights the seat pod/box with an orange border for the active player

- There are no plans for optional replayer skins/themes with different tables/seats at this time but that may be something we consider in the future. For now all we have is the light and dark version of the default theme.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please in the future just write out your questions and attach/link screenshots instead of recording a 17 minute video of the issues. This takes much longer for me to review and reply to than if you had written out the issues in text.

1) ~2:30 - You need to disable the replayer 'Skip End of Hand' option if you want to jump to preflop/showdown instead of the previous/next hands.

2) ~4:00 - That is something the PT4 replayer has so we decided to add it to HM3's replayer as well.

3) ~5:00 - This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5427 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

4) ~6:34 - This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-4297 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

5) ~7:15 - This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5428 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

6) ~9:25 - This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5429 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

7) ~11:40 - That is another method to quickly navigate between hands and to be able to tell the pot size graphically. HM2 had something similar:

2020-05-24_10h15_46.jpg

I wrote up a feature request to be able to hide it. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5430 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

8) 13:00 - 17:26

- HM3 replayer highlights the seat pod/box with an orange border for the active player

- There are no plans for optional replayer skins/themes with different tables/seats at this time but that may be something we consider in the future. For now all we have is the light and dark version of the default theme.

1/ Not quite the same because it slows the process of jumping from one hand to another, basically I have to choose between being able to jump from one hand to another in 1 click or not being able to go back to the begining of the hand in 1 click. Anyway, this is very minor, not a big deal.

2/ Yeah I understand but I just feel that you created the replayer not thinking too much about what is the purpose of the stuff you put in. HM3 is an updated and improved version of the previous programs, everything should have a purpose and that part of the replayer has no purpose, the reason why we use the replayer is to be able to read hands in a more comfortable format and that is just the same info in a less user friendly format.

3/ Ok thanks, I am sending the request because I think I am not using HM3 for my videos until this one is solved.

4/ Same as 3, thanks.

5/ and 6/ Ok perfect, thanks.

7/ I really think this one should dissapear, you got the same info in a much much better format in the top of the replayer. I dont think repeated elements add any value to the replayer, itīs the opposite, the more elements the less clean it is and the new trend in design is to make stuff user friendly and as simple as possible for good reason. If we can hide it it will be something at least.

8/ Yes you are right, I guess the main point of my comments is that the replayer of HM2 feels more pro than the one in HM3 in terms of design and that should change if you want your old users to be happy.

As I said in the video, I totally get that you deserve a better monetization system for holdem manager so I am all in supporting you but as a user who is already paying for the program I feel that I shouldnīt feel that I want to continue using HM2 because it just looks better and do the same important stuff. The design team should think about this and have that sense of responsability to make it look better because you really want your old users happy with the new program when you are asking them for more money and stopping to improve the previous programs they paid for (because obv, HM2 and PT4 are not perfect either).

Thatīs all, I hope the feedback was worth it and you didnīt feel uncomfortable, as I said I am a fan of your work and I really hope everything goes well with your company.

I will forward this thread, video, and your followup comments to our QA/Testing Manager to review for future consideration.