Can't edit Ignition tournament in HM3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Can't edit Ignition tournament in HM3

I've played an initial tournament on Ignition with the beta Ignition hand grabber for tournaments, and it has pulled in the hands correctly but I'm unable to edit the details of the tournament. If I right click and select Edit I get the pop-up menu and can change the values of entries, but when I click OK nothing changes in the actual tournament entry.

I'm running HM3 v3.1.9.5853

Please update to our latest stable version of HM3 from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...channel=stable

If you continue to have problems: Please reproduce the problem and click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu (or from the 'Help' menu at the top), or choose 'Yes' if prompted to submit an error report, and send your logs and config files with a detailed step by step description of the problem that we can use to try and reproduce the problem.

If you are unable to send the logs via the automated system for any reason you can collect and send the logs manually - https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...les-to-support

Does it show they change and then they change back?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Alright, I sent the logs/bug report through HM3. It doesn't show any change, like clicking 'OK' immediately causes an error and the tournament entry isn't changed at all. If I close HM3 after this it does say there were errors logged, so hopefully the log helps.

Quote Originally Posted by phox View Post
    Alright, I sent the logs/bug report through HM3. It doesn't show any change, like clicking 'OK' immediately causes an error and the tournament entry isn't changed at all. If I close HM3 after this it does say there were errors logged, so hopefully the log helps.
    I had no problems trying to edit one of my Ignition tournaments. If you create a new database and import hands to that database can you edit them?

Please try to create a new small/test database: File - New Database* then manually import some hands via File - Import Folder - from C:\HM2Archive and/or C:\HM3Archive.

*Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing.* You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraClaros View Post
    It worked for me without any problem, will it be some issue of the initial configuration of the installation?

It is most likely something specific to the OP's database, but I haven't seen his log files yet.

I created a new database and tried importing hands from the HM3Archive folder but nothing happens. It seems to process for a second, but then no cash or tournament hands are imported. I also played a new tournament on Ignition with the new database and it has the same problem.

On the storage front, I'm using an internal storage HDD that holds VM images and the HM2 and HM3 Archive folders with the databases.
    Last edited by phox; 05-23-2020 at 06:29 PM.

I created a new database and tried importing hands from the HM3Archive folder but nothing happens. It seems to process for a second, but then no cash or tournament hands are imported. I also played a new tournament on Ignition with the new database and it has the same problem.
    a) Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

b) Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

On the storage front, I'm using an internal storage HDD that holds VM images and the HM2 and HM3 Archive folders with the databases.
    I do not understand what this means. You are using HM3 on a MAC with Windows and everything poker related running in a VM?

Holdem Manager 3 requires the \Documents folder to be a local folder and not a shared folder.

To use HM3 with Parallels, you have to disable shared \Documents folder between OS X and Windows.

Please follow the guide from their website with possible solutions:
    https://kb.parallels.com/en/112983

Specifically:
    2. Isolate Windows from Mac to exclude Mac OS X influence. (Virtual Machine > Configure… > Options > Security > check on Isolate Mac from Windows)