HM3 wifi issues

Thread: HM3 wifi issues

Default HM3 wifi issues

Hi guys,

I bought myself a new laptop and having constant wifi disconnection issues.
    Returned to the shop after trying different proposed solutions by the Acer support.
    Got a new one, and having similar issues from time to time.

I do somehow have the feeling that it happens when HM3 is running.
    Could the wifi-disconnection be related to HM3?
    Do you have any experience with this?

FYI: other devices are connected as well and no issues there. So wifi itself should be fine.

Thanks and best regards,
    Jelle

You are the first person to ever report WiFi issues so I highly doubt it is our software causing it. If you play a normal session with HM3 (and the HM3 Server in the System Tray) closed completely do you have the same problems?

I am not sure if we will be able to help if it is caused by your computer and not HM3 but you can send us some logs to review:

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please duplicate the issue and send us both your Windows Event Viewer application logs, and your \Desktop\HM3logs\ folder of files, as instructed below with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...) and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.

- Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray.
    - If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', 'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them.
    - Click Start - All Apps - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
    - Then zip* and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files in that folder to a support ticket here with a detailed, step by step, description of what you did before the error. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.

*When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.
    *If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then click 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com or google drive.
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

Thanks for your feedback @fozzy71.

If I am the first ever let's forget about it, I don't want to waste both our time.
    I nevertheless hope I'll find the cause, because those constant disconnections during the grinding are killing me.

Cheers

Try hooking directly to your modem/router to see how your connection is there.

Where do you live? Some ISPs have been known to cause issues with poker sites.

Does it happen when you're playing or just running HM3?

When the connection goes down, are you connected to the router still? Do other devices keep a connection to the internet?

What security software are you running?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi Chris,

I should indeed give that a try, but no cable available at the moment. ( who the hell is still using that? )
    I'm living in Belgium, haven't had any issues on my previous laptop (Asus) so the location should not be a problem.

When I'm playing on Pokerstars (and HM3 is running) I'm getting disconnected every now and then.
    It is rather strange as the Wi-fi is still visible and other devices are indeed still connected.
    Within 10-20 seconds I can always connect again.

That is a good question as this is also a possible cause in my opinion, it is Norton Security Ultra, this sofware was installed already on the new laptop. (Acer)
    I tried the different suggestions the web is offering ( put smart firewall off etc), but still not solved.

Quote Originally Posted by jvd_86 View Post
    Hi Chris,

I should indeed give that a try, but no cable available at the moment. ( who the hell is still using that? )
    I'm living in Belgium, haven't had any issues on my previous laptop (Asus) so the location should not be a problem.

When I'm playing on Pokerstars (and HM3 is running) I'm getting disconnected every now and then.
    It is rather strange as the Wi-fi is still visible and other devices are indeed still connected.
    Within 10-20 seconds I can always connect again.

That is a good question as this is also a possible cause in my opinion, it is Norton Security Ultra, this sofware was installed already on the new laptop. (Acer)
    I tried the different suggestions the web is offering ( put smart firewall off etc), but still not solved.
    Here is something else you can try:

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please reinstall HM3 (no need to uninstall it) to be sure your antivirus didn't prevent some of the HM3 files from being installed previously. Here is a direct link to the installer file - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...3&channel=Beta
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled).
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it was replaced by Windows Defender mentioned in step 4 above) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210

If you continue to have problems please send us the logs, details of the issues and a link to this thread as we requested in the original reply and we can forward it to one of our Level 2 techs to see if they have any other suggestions.

I actually ran a wire from our router to the lower floor of the house to boost the signal and have hardwired my TV/PS4/4k cable box . I always keep at least one cat5 cable around because you always might need to set up a router and test connections.

I would follow Fozzy's recommendation. Those bundled antiviruses have a much deserved negative reputation. Then:

Please see this section of the Windows FAQ and reset your Winsock Adapter - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+files#winsock
    Regards udbrky (Chris)