Don't quite understand how to import popups

Default Don't quite understand how to import popups

Hi,

I've just purchased HM3 and trying to import my HM2 HUD in it.
    I have about 20 popups with caddyscatter definitions.

For example, I have this "BetsTurn" definition https://gyazo.com/422afcc89a2dcb1fa56a213535a8e6cf

In HM2 it shows Caddy Scatter at the bottom of the popup with name "CaddyScatter". But after import to HM3 nothing is shown there. If I manually add the scatter with this stat to the popup in the HUD editor then it shows. But I cannot do it manually, since it will take a couple of hours to do this for all popups.

Is there a way to import it automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by polishukdenis View Post
    Hi,

I've just purchased HM3 and trying to import my HM2 HUD in it.
    I have about 20 popups with caddyscatter definitions.

For example, I have this "BetsTurn" definition https://gyazo.com/422afcc89a2dcb1fa56a213535a8e6cf

In HM2 it shows Caddy Scatter at the bottom of the popup with name "CaddyScatter". But after import to HM3 nothing is shown there. If I manually add the scatter with this stat to the popup in the HUD editor then it shows. But I cannot do it manually, since it will take a couple of hours to do this for all popups.

Is there a way to import it automatically?
    Hi polishukdenis,

Unfortunately the ".notes" from a popup don't get converted over from HM2 to HM3. It has to be done manually. I feel for you, because I've had to endure this as well.

Man, either I don't understand something or it's a natural banditry.

Forcing people to buy a new product when it doesn't even support the import of HUD from the old one. Such a BS. I'm losing several times more money then the new product cost because of redoing the same job that I've already did. Ruthless wasting of clients' resources in order to make a small gain.

NoteCaddy for HM3 is still in Beta. I imagine that they are planning to improve the HM2 to HM3 HUD conversion so that us users won't have to do this part manually.

NoteCaddy for HM3 is still in Beta.
    This is still out of my comprehension.

If version for HM3 is beta, then why the support of the latest stable version is finished? I cannot use NC with HM2 on WPN. It simply not works and noone is going to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by polishukdenis View Post
    This is still out of my comprehension.

If version for HM3 is beta, then why the support of the latest stable version is finished? I cannot use NC with HM2 on WPN. It simply not works and noone is going to do anything about it.
    I just learned that in the HM3 NoteCaddy there is something called "Popup Groups". It still requires a bit of manual labor, but it's not too difficult to get your HM2 "NoteCaddy Popups" onto HM3.

Here's how you do it:

1) Open a definition you want to display as a "note" into a popup. Go to "HUD Options" tab of the definition and enter the popup in the "Show in popup Group" dropdown box.
    2) Do this for each definition you want to display in that popup.
    3) In the HM3 HUD Editor, choose your HUD, go to Popup Groups, Add a new line at the end, and choose Add Statistic. In "NoteCaddy Note Groups" you can add your group to the popup.

I've raised an issue to the team to see if this process can be automated, but for now this is the easiest way to do it. If you use something like "FAR - Find and Replace" you can make the NoteCaddy stat edits a bit faster than doing them each individually.