hud display as an observer

Default hud display as an observer

Ive read previous threads from HEM1 and 2 about this issue - I understand that collecting data from tables you're not sitting at is prohibited, but i'm interested in viewing the player stats before I sit and the advice doesn't seem to carry over for HEM3. From what I read there is a pre-fetch folder that can verify the identity of each player without sitting (capped at 3 hands I believe), but i'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get it to work.

Any tips?

I found a similar topic from several years ago here: https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=540204

however there isn't any option to press pause at the bottom of the screen. there was initially, I pressed it, then it stopped but the problem persisted which is when I shut down the software to reboot it. when I opened it up the option wasn't at the bottom of the screen and I still am not able to use any of the import features or the hud (and several other features that can't be used while hands are being imported).

Quote Originally Posted by abbaddabba View Post
    Ive read previous threads from HEM1 and 2 about this issue - I understand that collecting data from tables you're not sitting at is prohibited, but i'm interested in viewing the player stats before I sit and the advice doesn't seem to carry over for HEM3. From what I read there is a pre-fetch folder that can verify the identity of each player without sitting (capped at 3 hands I believe), but i'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get it to work.

Any tips?
    What site are you playing? Most sites do not write observed hands for us to import as they do not want users datamining hands. The only 2 sites I am sure of that HM3 can show an observed HUD on for table selection is Ignition with our Ignition Hand Grabber (IHG) app and PokerStars if you have the setting toggled on to capture observed hands:

pokerstars capture observed hands.png

Quote Originally Posted by abbaddabba View Post
    I found a similar topic from several years ago here: https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=540204

however there isn't any option to press pause at the bottom of the screen. there was initially, I pressed it, then it stopped but the problem persisted which is when I shut down the software to reboot it. when I opened it up the option wasn't at the bottom of the screen and I still am not able to use any of the import features or the hud (and several other features that can't be used while hands are being imported).
    This thread you linked has nothing to do with displaying an observed HUD.

my apologies, that response was intended for my other topic.

I do have capture observed hands turned and it actually did show the hud on one occasion while I was observing (seemingly from previously uploaded hands for players at the table), however it hasn't worked since and I can't think of anything that may have changed.

should the hud show up displaying previously uploaded hands for tables that we're not sitting on? what are some possible changes that I could make to initiate it?

this is on pokerstars.
    Last edited by abbaddabba; 05-18-2020 at 01:26 PM.

If everything is configured properly the HUD should show on an observed table. If you have never played any of those players the HUD will start at 1 hand and if you have played some of the players their HUDs will show their data accordingly, like this table where I have anywhere from 3 hands to 200+ hands on players:

Please see our HUD Troubleshooting FAQ and if that does not help then please send the requested logs, screenshots, and hand history files in a support ticket as instructed at the bottom of that FAQ.

Like abbaddabba said,i have the same issue i think,when i observe a table on PokerStars it starts well but after 30 hands it stops,it happenned to me many times,so i think we have the same issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZygomatiK View Post
    Like abbaddabba said,i have the same issue i think,when i observe a table on PokerStars it starts well but after 30 hands it stops,it happenned to me many times,so i think we have the same issue here.
    That is by design. PokerStars does not allow datamining so we can only observe 30 hands per session, to aid in table selection.

Oh ok i missunderstood when you wrote this in the previous messages,my bad
    The only 2 sites I am sure of that HM3 can show an observed HUD on for table selection is Ignition with our Ignition Hand Grabber (IHG) app and PokerStars if you have the setting toggled on to capture observed hands:

Quote Originally Posted by ZygomatiK View Post
    Oh ok i missunderstood when you wrote this in the previous messages,my bad
    Right, I should have probably mentioned the Stars 30 hand limit sooner.