Database reseted itself

Default Database reseted itself

Hi,

Weird headline, but I don't know how to else to describe this.

I took about a 6-month hiatus from poker roughly October 2019 - April 2020. Been playing lots lately, using my old HEM2 and it's been working normally. I've played probably 30 sessions since my "comeback" with no issues.

Today I grinded a 6-hour MTT session, everything worked normally, no issues with anything. After the session I wanted to look at some hands, and POOF! Everything has disappeared except for hands that I've played today, and hands that at least 6 months old. All the ~50k hands I've played over the last 1.5 months are just gone.

The really weird thing is this. When I opened HEM2 after my session (it was in the background so I'm not sure if this had happened earlier or just now after I finished my session, I always have to open and close it 500 times every session because of the iPoker table change bug that, as a side note, would be nice if you could finally fix after like 8 years), it had changed my active player to an alias I last used in September 2019. Everything had been reset as if I had traveled back in time 6 months, all the screen names in the drop-down menu were such that I used last fall, and my new ones are gone.

I am currently trying to recover the hands from the HMARCHIVE files, it's taking forever and it already says 140 000 duplicate hands. When it's finally ready I'll let you know if I got my hands back. Either way would be great to know wtf is causing this.

I have HEM2, Windows 10, haven't changed anything lately in terms of antivirus, firewall, HEM updates, Windows updates, etc. I went through some HHs yesterday, so this 100% must have happened during the last 24 hours. I'm just not sure if it happened before/during/at the end of my session today, because when I play I just open HEM to run it in the background for HUD. I don't have any filters or anything like that on that could explain this.

Update: Managed to resurrect the hands by downloading them again via the HMARCHIVE folder. My marked hands are gone, which is super annoying, any way to get them back? And any idea wtf caused this, would be nice to not have this happen again?

Oh no. All the notes are reverted back to what they were 6 months ago and my color codings are also gone. This is an absolute disaster.

Is there any way I can recover my notes? I can't find a notes or color codings file anywhere?

Seriously would like to hear an explanation what can cause this as well...

Hello dadwatisds,

How did you do the restore?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Notes can only be restored by restoring them from a backup file. They will not get recovered by importing the original hands in the archive to the same or new database.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. *I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. *Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Hello dadwatisds,

How did you do the restore?
    All I did was import the hands back from C://HMARCHIVE and now I've got all of the hands back. Just looking to get notes and tags back, as well as make sure this never happens again

Quote Originally Posted by dadwatisds View Post
    All I did was import the hands back from C://HMARCHIVE and now I've got all of the hands back. Just looking to get notes and tags back, as well as make sure this never happens again
    See my post above yours:

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Notes can only be restored by restoring them from a backup file. They will not get recovered by importing the original hands in the archive to the same or new database.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. *I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. *Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F
    If you have a backup from the previous database you can restore just the notes to the new database you imported hands to, or you could restore the entire database, but if you do not have a backup of the notes from the backup manager there is no other way to recover your player/hand notes.