Cloud Sync

Thread: Cloud Sync

Default Cloud Sync

I haven't found anything discussing cloud sync for HM3. I could just have missed it though. Is this a feature that's being planned for a future release? I'd like to be able to sync between my laptop and desktop and have them both kept up to date all the time.

This is not possible at this time. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-3119 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

The only way to sync them currently is manually. You would need to keep your \HM3Archive folder on both machines sync'd via dropbox (or similar cloud hosting service), and manually import recent hands to each computer like we suggest for HM2 -*http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Using+Dropbox

You can use the Tools - Backup/Restore Database menu option for the initial transfer of the database but after that you will have to manually import hands to keep them in sync.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing.* You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    This is not possible at this time. This feature request has been documented in detail and provided to the developers for future consideration. *If you want to be notified if/when it is added please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-3119 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

The only way to sync them currently is manually. You would need to keep your \HM3Archive folder on both machines sync'd via dropbox (or similar cloud hosting service), and manually import recent hands to each computer like we suggest for HM2 -*http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+Using+Dropbox

You can use the Tools - Backup/Restore Database menu option for the initial transfer of the database but after that you will have to manually import hands to keep them in sync.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing.* You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.
    Do you know if it's possible to have a remote share hosting the postgre SQL database and have HM3 just point to that on both computers?

Do you know if I can host the postgres database on a remote server myself, and just point the DB connection string to that remote host on both computers, and it just works?

Hello Emalamis,

If you can get it to show up as a shared folder/accessible location, you should just be able to set that location as the location of the database.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)