How to move HM2 to different unit?

Default How to move HM2 to different unit?

Hello, my HM is installed on my main C:\ disk. I have rly big database over 45 000 000 hands. Id like to move HM + SQL to different disk. SQL is easy to move i did it. Is there possible move HM? I dont want reinstall HM and again generate 45 000 000 notes

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...dem+Manager%3F

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Please see this FAQ to move your database to another drive. Please note this is an advanced article and we do not provide support for this method if you encounter issues but at the request of users we decided to make a FAQ for those who felt confident enough to try this method.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...e+or+Partition

If you have any problems moving it you can uninstall PSQL and manually reinstall PSQL version 9.3 to the other drive and use that backup you made from the previous post to restore your database.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please see this FAQ to move your database to another drive. Please note this is an advanced article and we do not provide support for this method if you encounter issues but at the request of users we decided to make a FAQ for those who felt confident enough to try this method.

If you have any problems moving it you can uninstall PSQL and manually reinstall PSQL version 9.3 to the other drive and use that backup you made from the previous post to restore your database.
    i dit it and works well BTW Backup means all (Database in C:\ and my postgreSQL on different drive)?

Another question. Will be there big differences between HD (WD blue) and Samsung 860 EVO?

BTW when i install HM2 from drive C:\ to drive for example D:\. How to set database location in D:\? Cuz currently database is in appdata which is in C drive. I cant remember i set this part while installing HM

Choose the parent database location.

Also choose where Postgres will store the data folder.

Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hello, postgres is moved already worked well Parent DB means DB which is on the images at the top? BTW do u have any experiences using HDD vs SSD with HM2? i have had always all apps at SSD (since SSD was involved ofc ) Or rather buy SSD for HM2 + postgre?
    Last edited by Own; 05-13-2020 at 05:51 PM.

The parent database folder that needs to be moved is that \appdata\roaming\holdemmanager\databases\ folder.

You will likely see a performance reduction in import, hud, reports/filtering, etc if you move the database from a SSD to a HDD. Optimal performance comes with having Windows, HM2, PSQL and your sites all installed and saving data on the SSD. The original archived hands can be moved to a HDD after auto import, but the database and software should be on the SSD for optimal performance.