Notecaddy not working on ACR (WPN)

Default Notecaddy not working on ACR (WPN)

Since ACR big update in software which also changed hand history format, notecaddy is not running with the new hand histories. This update happened maybe a year ago or so. Why is this still not fixed? How hard is it to change format of hand history? I am myself thinking about making some script that would mass change new hh format into the old hh format, just because I really need those hands working, but I am still waiting for some fix... will it be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Like a G6 View Post
    Since ACR big update in software which also changed hand history format, notecaddy is not running with the new hand histories. This update happened maybe a year ago or so. Why is this still not fixed? How hard is it to change format of hand history? I am myself thinking about making some script that would mass change new hh format into the old hh format, just because I really need those hands working, but I am still waiting for some fix... will it be fixed?
    Hello,

It was fixed a while back. If you're using NoteCaddy with HM3 then you shouldn't have issues.

If you're using HM2 you can try this beta version http://www.assaultware.com/notecaddy.2.9.0.17.zip. To install it, close HM2 and unzip this folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2. Restart HM2 and reset and reprocess your hands.

I downloaded that beta version and installed it, but since that when I open the Notecaddy tab and click "Run Notecaddy" popup tells me
    "Notecaddy is still loading. If you have many definitions this can take several minutes. Please try again in a few moments"

I do have a lot of definitions and I saw this notice before, it always pops up if I try to Run NoteCaddy right after starting. But now its been over 30 minutes and this is still showing, so looks like problem with the betaversion.

I downloaded that beta version and installed it, but since that when I open the Notecaddy tab and click "Run Notecaddy" popup tells me
    "Notecaddy is still loading. If you have many definitions this can take several minutes. Please try again in a few moments"

I do have a lot of definitions and I saw this notice before, it always pops up if I try to Run NoteCaddy right after starting. But now its been over 30 minutes and this is still showing, so looks like problem with the betaversion.
    Is it possible for you to please try to reset your settings to default, and then try again?

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings. To do this close HM2. Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManage r. Delete these files (if you don't see some of them it's OK):

CaddySettings.xml
    ActiveNoteLayout.xml
    InactiveNoteLayout.xml
    ActiveColorLayout.xml
    InactiveColorLayout.xml
    caddylayoutEx.xml
    default_ActiveColorLayout.xml
    default_ActiveNoteLayout.xml
    default_caddylayoutEx.xml
    default_InactiveColorLayout.xml
    default_InactiveNoteLayout.xml
    defaultmappings.xml

Restart HM2 and see if NoteCaddy loads up for you as you expect.

If it doesn't work still, then you may want to try closing HM2 and moving your Note Definitions out from C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ NoteCaddyDefinitions. Then import them into NoteCaddy -> Tools -> Import Note Definitions.

Non of that worked, it somehow destroyed my generated notes and after trying to make new database, reimport and generate new notes, it went incredibly slow, so I just gave up and bought HM3. Note generating went 100x faster, all ok, except that notes only show in notecaddy but not in my HUD at all. As I write about it here:
    https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=541410

Non of that worked, it somehow destroyed my generated notes and after trying to make new database, reimport and generate new notes, it went incredibly slow, so I just gave up and bought HM3. Note generating went 100x faster, all ok, except that notes only show in notecaddy but not in my HUD at all. As I write about it here:
    https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=541410
    I'm sorry my suggestions didn't work.

If you haven't yet, you may want to try making exceptions for the HM3 folders into your firewall/antivirus.

If that doesn't help, is it possible for you to try importing the definitions into NoteCaddy again, reset&reprocess notes, then see if the HUD recognizes the definitions?

Not working.
    Also I see that some things are bugged in HM3's version of Notecaddy. While some of my stats show correct averages in Notecaddy, I have some simple custom stats like ep RFI which shows over 90. When I tried to inspect through "seek" I found out it just ignores folds completely and dont count them towards opportunities. The only opportunities which didnt come up as instances also were limps. So the same note working in HM2 and imported to HM3 is not working correctly anymore. Not good since HM3 as already out for so long and HM2 is going to be without updates after October. Really a shame since I am getting around 300 hands per second while note generating in HM3 and about 6 hands per second in HM2. Would be really great if NC finally worked correctly in HM3 too.
    Last edited by Like a G6; 04-13-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Not working.
    Also I see that some things are bugged in HM3's version of Notecaddy. While some of my stats show correct averages in Notecaddy, I have some simple custom stats like ep RFI which shows over 90. When I tried to inspect through "seek" I found out it just ignores folds completely and dont count them towards opportunities. The only opportunities which didnt come up as instances also were limps. So the same note working in HM2 and imported to HM3 is not working correctly anymore. Not good since HM3 as already out for so long and HM2 is going to be without updates after October. Really a shame since I am getting around 300 hands per second while note generating in HM3 and about 6 hands per second in HM2. Would be really great if NC finally worked correctly in HM3 too.
    I responded in the thread where you uploaded the definition. We will get NC working great in HM3. It has come a long way so far, and updates are getting rolled out super quickly.
    Last edited by NotecaddyEdge; 04-14-2020 at 06:10 AM.