Stuck in Starting database server

Default Stuck in Starting database server

I upgraded to version 3.1.8.0 and when I opwen HM3 it stucks with message starting database server
    hm3.JPG

People complain about HM2 and Postgres, the only good thing on HM3 is the HUD editor. I am using HM3 since oct 2010 and donīt get used to it. I really prefer HM2 report and presentation...

I'm with exactly the same problem, just updated it and HM3 do not open anymore...can anyone help?

This happens sometimes for me too. The solution that works for me is to stop anything connected to the internet and retry. Second time usually gets in immediately.

Sharing the solution I received from support
    But for me did not work because my wcompatibility mode was alreadu unchecked

Hello,

HM3 can`t launch properly because Windows 10 changed the compatibility settings for the HM3 server application.

Please do the following steps:
    1) Find the 'HM3 HUD Only' shortcut on your Desktop
    2) Right click on it and choose 'Properties'
    3) Click the 'Compatibility' tab
    4) Deactivate the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option.
    Last edited by tpiha; 04-09-2020 at 03:36 PM.

HM3 can`t launch properly because Windows 10 changed the compatibility settings for the HM3 server application.

Please do the following steps:
    1) Find the 'HM3 HUD Only' shortcut on your Desktop
    2) Right click on it and choose 'Properties'
    3) Click the 'Compatibility' tab
    4) Deactivate the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option.

Please duplicate the issue and send us both your Windows Event Viewer application logs, and your \Desktop\HM3logs\ folder of files, as instructed below with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.*
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...) and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.

- Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray. *
    - If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', *'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them. *
    - Click Start - All Apps - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
    - Then zip* and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files in that folder to a support ticket here - https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/category/19 - with a detailed, step by step, description of what you did before the error. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/

*When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.
    *If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then click 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Up
    waiting someone to contact me

We can't contact you via your forum posts, you need to contact us via the support ticket system and send us screenshots/logs of the issues as we explained in our previous replies.

These issues should be resolved now. One of our licensing servers was 2 seconds off of the others which was causing a variety of issues when updating versions, repeated login prompts and with new users on first installation not getting a trial license issued.

Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.

Restart HM3 and you should have to login in one, and only one, time.

If you continue to have problems:

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

I also had this issue right now and solved it after I plugged in my laptop to power outlet instead of running on battery.

Default Mine suddently wont open

Never had a problem with hm3 until 3 days ago when it suddenly wont open anymore because of the error "couldnt connect to database server in time this can happen due to limited computer resources and slow database server initialization"
    support told me to uninstall antimalware which i have none installed, really need this fixing its driving me mad

Quote Originally Posted by jakeprice18 View Post
    Never had a problem with hm3 until 3 days ago when it suddenly wont open anymore because of the error "couldnt connect to database server in time this can happen due to limited computer resources and slow database server initialization"
    support told me to uninstall antimalware which i have none installed, really need this fixing its driving me mad

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please reproduce and screenshot the error and send us both your Windows Event Viewer application logs and your \Desktop\HM3logs\ folder of files, as instructed below with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:

a) Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (right-click - Save All Events As...) and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.
    - Here is a short video showing how to collect those event viewer logs.

b) Please attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Note: When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site wetransfer or filedropper and copy/paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.