Performance issues

Default Performance issues

Thought you guys might have an idea what my issue is.

Recently upgraded motherbord, processor and ram becuz my system was old and causing tons of lag mass tabling, and HM2 processing took forever.

I didn't splash out mega money but researched into what I bought, looked at benchtests and was advised by someone who has half a clue that what I chose should be fine to speed everything up. I decided on integrated graphics cuz I didn't think any slowness issue was graphics based, thought it was purely processor and ram based. But now I've got second thoughts.

Problem I have though, is soon as I get over 20 tables on WPN, the lag kicks in. A split second lag where everything is just sluggish, time taken for button pressing to react, next table to pop up and so on. Enough to cause me to end up timing out everywhere. I have friends who can 40+ table and no lag occurs, but they have more powerful systems. I'm just not sure which part of mine I need to upgrade further.

I've compared my processor, a Ryzen 5 3400G with integrated graphics with a benchtest of the Intel i7 7700 which a friend 40+ tables with, and there's not much difference.

dde1101d811057fefb7cfe4dc5d50d3c.png

However on my overall test, it says graphics are poor.
    8b52357470ef3d397ff53c800d39aa49.png

So would graphics be the reason for the lag? 16gb of Vulcan RAM seems to be fine. When under maximum pressure CPU hardly ever goes over 60% usage and same for the RAM.

Oh one more thing, the speed of HM2's processing millions of hands has sped up a FRACTION from my very dated intel i3 2700 processor. I thought it would speed up more than it has.
    Last edited by RunBad4Life; 01-19-2020 at 02:54 AM.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

As I know integrated AMD graphics can use all available RAM as VRAM (Video RAM). They have special feature and technologies for this. So I think there should be smth else which can cause such lags but various things could cause it: slow SSD, bad drivers, NoteCaddy, 3rd party software, Windows corruptions, huge base and ect… You need someone who can have closer look at your PC.

As I said, I know players who play double with double the amount of stuff running, it's not those issues. Also said RAM usage never goes over 60%, unless you mean it's using it and not showing so?

Could it be graphics or not? I mean it makes sense, all the FPS rate business and whatnot, as more and more tables come along the graphics coping may cause some lags? Or is that not likely?

The other players I speak of say it's hm2 and they use pt4 lol so maybe that's the problem but would that not show up in the cpu or ram usage if so?

PostgreSQL Whisperer

No, it`s not graphic. It`s something else.

Don't know if you clicked on those benchtests but it also shows SSD runs excellently. I've just done a session with no software, not even HM2 running whatsoever. No difference, lag starts after approx 20 tables. The report shows graphics are VERY POOR, I'm fairly sure WPN's relatively new client is pretty graphics heavy compared with the simplicity of Stars. Can't think of anything else it can be. All brand new machine and windows 10 install...

Do you think read and write speed of an SSD could have a slowing effect once so many tables are reached? After testing my supposed 500+mb/s read and write SSD it is actually performing at 200 read, 100 write.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

That results sounds like HDD speed instead of SSD but they depends of various things:
    Did you disable anti-virus software before you start speed test?
    Did you set SATA controller in AHCI mode?
    Did you install Intel RST?
    Did you optimize SSD before test?
    Do you have enough free space on SSD for the test?
    Do you see any weird CPU activity in Task Manager when PC in idle mode?
    Do you have a lot of hardware warnings in Event Viewer logs?

All these things could slow down SSD or the whole system.