Mcafee internet security Quarantines HM2 with code Real Protect-LS! 2EE098649495

Default Mcafee internet security Quarantines HM2 with code Real Protect-LS! 2EE098649495

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    The detection is a false positive. What is false positive? - Definition from WhatIs.com

Please follow the steps in post 3.
    This is far too complicated for a person who uses computers recreationally.

its not really acceptable to send us a link to an explanation where you need a degree in computer science to a) understand it b) actually implement the changes they're suggesting.

I actually went through all of the steps and now 1) HM2 still is getting quarantined and 2) I have changed the security settings on various different files / programmes and not sure if it is safe anymore.

nowhere when I was paying for HM2 did it mention that there may be constant security issues that you may need to adjust various program and file settings.

I suggest you send us all step by step instructions on how to get HM2 working correctly without issue or I will be requesting a refund.

Default Mcafee internet security Quarantines HM2 with code Real Protect-LS! 2EE098649495

Hi,

This is a message mainly directed at customer support.

Mcafee has quarantined HM2 with the code as per the subject heading.

I have followed the advice taken in other threads by going into the properties of the app data files of HM and other files associated with the hand histories etc.

As I am a regular computer user, the idea of given us this computer programming knowledge heavy advice to follow a long to in order for your product to work properly is disappointing.

After hours spent first researching and understanding your instructions, and then trying to implement them, nothing has changed, it also doesn't give a troubleshoot for when your instructions are not able to be followed. i.e. once editing the security settings for the administrator in the app data that you can't check the last box saying "special permissions" or when you try to check off the read only box in the attributes section it states you will need to provide administrator permission to continue with this operation - you then click the button to continue - the operation takes place but you go out and comeback into the folder and the read only box is still ticked meaning you do everything again, and again, and again.

Can you provide a technical customer service number that can talk me through this because i'm done with my computer science research, I just want the product I paid for to work, without compromising the security of my laptop.

look forward to a quick response which is not sending me a link to instructions with computer jargon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is why we do not recommend McAfee. We recommend Kaspersky and Microsoft Security Essentials. This is something your antivirus is doing, not something we are doing. Did you report the false positive to them? We need everyone getting this issue to send in the report, since we are a small industry in the vast world of software.

You have to add the setup/update files to their exceptions. Did you move the quarantined files back? did you tell it all of our files and folders are ok?

Where are you getting stuck?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)