Consolidate opponents by position?

Default Consolidate opponents by position?

Hi,
    Sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find anything on it.

I play on an anonymous site (ignition) and download hands 24 hours after so that I have the full HH files, including villains hole cards.

That being said since the site is anonymous is there anyway to just consolidate all opponents into position? That way I can analyze how the population plays in specific positions?

If that is not possible, could I build some automation that opens the raw HH files, changes opponents names to their position. If that was done, would I be able to reimport the files into a new database? This would effectively summarize opponents by position.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jasonfish11 View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find anything on it.

I play on an anonymous site (ignition) and download hands 24 hours after so that I have the full HH files, including villains hole cards.

That being said since the site is anonymous is there anyway to just consolidate all opponents into position? That way I can analyze how the population plays in specific positions?

There are no population tendency features baked into HM3 yet. HM2 never had them either. The only way you could do pop tendency analysis was to alias every villain together then set that alias as active in the reports (position report in this case) and filter (or filtered by position in other reports), etc.

Here is the canned reply for how it would be done in HM2 for reference:

If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via PGAdmin as explained here - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/18...y-hem-1212650/ - or via the new NoteCaddy Premium Aliases feature that creates an alias based on a color definition - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...ows-blows.html - but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this. This technique can also cause erroneous results if some of the villain's you aliased together have played hands against each other. An alias is designed to join 2 or more hero screen names that would not have played against each other so while this is possible to do it is not something we officially support or recommend.

If you are using NC you can do the aggregate percentages much more quickly than by making an alias - http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCadd...n-chooser.ashx
    In HM3 you would have to toggle on the general setting to show anon players in the player select menu, then one by one add them to a 'population' alias. This could be an all day affair if your database is large with a lot of anon players. Once HM3 NC Beta is ready it could possibly make this easier, but I am not actually familiar with that feature in HM2 (I don't use NC) and am not part of the internal NC Beta testing team.

If that is not possible, could I build some automation that opens the raw HH files, changes opponents names to their position. If that was done, would I be able to reimport the files into a new database? This would effectively summarize opponents by position.

Thank you
    I have no idea if that is possible or how it would be accomplished. It is not something we have ever tried or would recommend. If you try it be sure to update the thread with your results if you have any success.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 12-17-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Do you know if there are plans to have population based data in HM3?

If I find a way to make it work I'll update this thread.

Do you know if there are plans to have population based data in HM3?

If I find a way to make it work I'll update this thread.
    That is not in the short term plans as far as I know. NoteCaddy has a feature for aiding in some basic population analysis that might be of some help once it is finally in HM3.

Thanks for the info Fozzy.

Going to take a shot in the dark here, but if you could let me know how HM3 imports the player information I might be able to build a macro or bot (that I can share) that can modify the HH file and "trick" HM3 into grouping people into a population. I completely understand if you don't want to post this information though.

What I would need to know is what triggers HM3 to convert the info in the HH file into individualized players in a specific HH for ignition?

Example below is a HH file, and as you can see it references players in 2 different ways. First by seat# (ex Seat 1) and second by relative position (ex UTG). When this info is imported into HM3 I believe the player is labeled as something like P1-360062FP where P1 is either the seat number or the relative position (I don't know which it is) and the alphanumeric number after is something completely unknown to me.

If that alphanumeric combo is created based on info in the HH file, and I know if P1 is referring to seat number or position. I might be able to build a tool that opens the raw HH file modifies the various references so then resaves the file. Then if I'm lucky HM3 might be able to import those files w/o recognizing they've been modified. What that would get me is a total of 9 opponents I play against every time. Those opponents would be UTG, UTG1, MP, LJ, HJ, CO, BTN, SB and BB thus allowing me to see population stats based on position.

Thanks for any help, again if the answers to this are something you don't want to share publicly I completely understand.

Code:
    Ignition Hand #3859283805 TBL#20094571 HOLDEM No Limit - 2019-12-10 20:37:56
    Seat 1: UTG ($50 in chips)
    Seat 2: UTG+1 ($39.28 in chips)
    Seat 3: UTG+2 ($59.40 in chips)
    Seat 4: UTG+3 ($49.25 in chips)
    Seat 5: UTG+4 ($63.10 in chips)
    Seat 6: UTG+5 ($9.60 in chips)
    Seat 7: Dealer ($50 in chips)
    Seat 9: Big Blind [ME] ($50 in chips)
    Dealer : Set dealer [7] 
    Table deposit $15 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Big blind $0.50 
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    UTG : Card dealt to a spot [2d Jc] 
    UTG+1 : Card dealt to a spot [4s 7s] 
    UTG+2 : Card dealt to a spot [5d 8h] 
    UTG+3 : Card dealt to a spot [Jh 7c] 
    UTG+4 : Card dealt to a spot [8d 4c] 
    UTG+5 : Card dealt to a spot [3s 5c] 
    Dealer : Card dealt to a spot [9c Ts] 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Card dealt to a spot [Qc Td] 
    UTG : Folds
    UTG+1 : Calls $0.50 
    UTG+2 : Folds
    UTG+3 : Folds
    UTG+4 : Folds
    UTG+5 : Folds
    Dealer : Folds
    Big Blind  [ME] : Checks
    *** FLOP *** [Ah 3d Kc]
    UTG+1 : Bets $0.95 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Calls $0.95 
    *** TURN *** [Ah 3d Kc] [Kh]
    UTG+1 : Checks
    *** RIVER *** [Ah 3d Kc Kh] [Jd]
    Big Blind  [ME] : Bets $4 
    UTG+1 : Folds
    Big Blind  [ME] : Return uncalled portion of bet $4 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Does not show [Qc Td] (Straight)
    Big Blind  [ME] : Hand result $2.76 
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total Pot($2.90)
    Board [Ah 3d Kc Kh Jd]
    Seat+1: UTG Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+2: UTG+1 Folded on the RIVER
    Seat+3: UTG+2 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+4: UTG+3 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+5: UTG+4 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+6: UTG+5 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+7: Dealer Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+9: Big Blind $2.76 [Does not show]
    Last edited by fozzy71; 12-22-2019 at 08:13 AM.

So I can try to build a macro or bot that can update the raw HH files so that HM3 auto imports them and creates position based population data for ignition.

What I would need to know is what inputs in the HH files does HM3 use to generate it's player identifier.

Example when I look at opponents in HM3 it shows people listed as P1-366578QJ or something similar. So obviously P1 is either their seat # or their relative position (P1 = UTG). But I am not sure how the alphanumeric number after P1 is generated. Is this pulled from the HH file somewhere (table number, hand number) or is it just a random unique identifier HM3 gives that person?

With these 2 answers I might be able to generate something that can modify the HH file so that it "tricks" HM3 into reading the file as if UTG is always the same player, giving me position based population stats.

1) Is "P1" referencing seat number or relative position?
    2) How is the alphanumeric number generated in HM3?

Obviously, those questions might not be something you want to answer publicly and if so I understand.

If I figure something out I'll share it here.

Here is an example HH file from ignition. It looks like they specify 2 different things to determine player seat number and relative position.

Code:
    Ignition Hand #3859283805 TBL#20094571 HOLDEM No Limit - 2019-12-10 20:37:56
    Seat 1: UTG ($50 in chips)
    Seat 2: UTG+1 ($39.28 in chips)
    Seat 3: UTG+2 ($59.40 in chips)
    Seat 4: UTG+3 ($49.25 in chips)
    Seat 5: UTG+4 ($63.10 in chips)
    Seat 6: UTG+5 ($9.60 in chips)
    Seat 7: Dealer ($50 in chips)
    Seat 9: Big Blind [ME] ($50 in chips)
    Dealer : Set dealer [7] 
    Table deposit $15 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Big blind $0.50 
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    UTG : Card dealt to a spot [2d Jc] 
    UTG+1 : Card dealt to a spot [4s 7s] 
    UTG+2 : Card dealt to a spot [5d 8h] 
    UTG+3 : Card dealt to a spot [Jh 7c] 
    UTG+4 : Card dealt to a spot [8d 4c] 
    UTG+5 : Card dealt to a spot [3s 5c] 
    Dealer : Card dealt to a spot [9c Ts] 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Card dealt to a spot [Qc Td] 
    UTG : Folds
    UTG+1 : Calls $0.50 
    UTG+2 : Folds
    UTG+3 : Folds
    UTG+4 : Folds
    UTG+5 : Folds
    Dealer : Folds
    *** FLOP *** [Ah 3d Kc]
    UTG+1 : Bets $0.95 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Calls $0.95 
    *** TURN *** [Ah 3d Kc] [Kh]
    UTG+1 : Checks
    *** RIVER *** [Ah 3d Kc Kh] [Jd]
    Big Blind  [ME] : Bets $4 
    UTG+1 : Folds
    Big Blind  [ME] : Return uncalled portion of bet $4 
    Big Blind  [ME] : Does not show [Qc Td] (Straight)
    Big Blind  [ME] : Hand result $2.76 
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total Pot($2.90)
    Board [Ah 3d Kc Kh Jd]
    Seat+1: UTG Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+2: UTG+1 Folded on the RIVER
    Seat+3: UTG+2 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+4: UTG+3 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+5: UTG+4 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+6: UTG+5 Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+7: Dealer Folded before the FLOP
    Seat+9: Big Blind $2.76 [Does not show]
    Last edited by fozzy71; 12-22-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks for the info Fozzy.

Going to take a shot in the dark here, but if you could let me know how HM3 imports the player information I might be able to build a macro or bot (that I can share) that can modify the HH file and "trick" HM3 into grouping people into a population. I completely understand if you don't want to post this information though.

What I would need to know is what triggers HM3 to convert the info in the HH file into individualized players in a specific HH for ignition?

Example below is a HH file, and as you can see it references players in 2 different ways. First by seat# (ex Seat 1) and second by relative position (ex UTG). When this info is imported into HM3 I believe the player is labeled as something like P1-360062FP where P1 is either the seat number or the relative position (I don't know which it is) and the alphanumeric number after is something completely unknown to me.

If that alphanumeric combo is created based on info in the HH file, and I know if P1 is referring to seat number or position. I might be able to build a tool that opens the raw HH file modifies the various references so then resaves the file. Then if I'm lucky HM3 might be able to import those files w/o recognizing they've been modified. What that would get me is a total of 9 opponents I play against every time. Those opponents would be UTG, UTG1, MP, LJ, HJ, CO, BTN, SB and BB thus allowing me to see population stats based on position.

Thanks for any help, again if the answers to this are something you don't want to share publicly I completely understand.
    I can't answer any of those questions. I am just tech support, I am not a programmer or developer for HM3. It is also not something I can ask our developers to spend time answering for you. Our software is not designed to do what you are trying to do here. You will need to test import these yourself and figure this out on your own.