How to roll back to 3.1.3.0 with my database?

Default How to roll back to 3.1.3.0 with my database?

Apart from the first version (3.1.3.0), I'm getting crashes constantly. I've sent the reports when I was prompted with the crash messages.

I got this message:
    Code:
    (This is an automated message)

Your support ticket has been linked to our internal bug tracker:

Bug #:HMT-4920
    Issue:ApiTimeout causing HUD to stop updating.

Once this issue has been resolved and a new version with the available fix has been released, you will automatically be notified via this support ticket.
    ______

So, I'm trying to get my database to work with 3.1.3.0. I've tried to back it up in the most recent version and then restore it through 'Restore Database..' option but it still doesn't work.

Looking for any help regarding saving my database or some temporary fix to my crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoss View Post
    Apart from the first version (3.1.3.0), I'm getting crashes constantly. I've sent the reports when I was prompted with the crash messages.

I got this message:
    Code:
    (This is an automated message)

Your support ticket has been linked to our internal bug tracker:

Bug #:HMT-4920
    Issue:ApiTimeout causing HUD to stop updating.

Once this issue has been resolved and a new version with the available fix has been released, you will automatically be notified via this support ticket.
    ______

So, I'm trying to get my database to work with 3.1.3.0. I've tried to back it up in the most recent version and then restore it through 'Restore Database..' option but it still doesn't work.

Looking for any help regarding saving my database or some temporary fix to my crashes.
    Try importing hands from c:\hm3archive or any other archives. We are looking into this and knowing if it works in 3.1.3 can help.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

If your database was opened in 3.1.4.1 it will not be able to be opened in 3.1.3.0. The change from .0 to .1 on the end indicates a database schema change (for downloaded party hands). You will have to create a new database in 3.1.3.0. If you are already on 3.1.3.0 that can be done under the File menu. If you still have 3.1.4.1 installed you need to rename the DB, rollback, then create a new DB in the setup wizard that you can use while you have to temporarily rollback. Once our devs have time to review your/others logs and get a fix released you should then be able to update HM3 and manually import recent hands from the archive to get your previous database working again and updated with hands that you had played while rolled back.

You can use the following instructions to rollback to the previous build, but it will require creating a new database that you will have to use in that version as the schema changed when we added Party parsing support for downloaded hands.

Please close HM3 (if it is actually running) and the HM3 Server and rename the database file - C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\{DatabaseName}.hmdb - to a different name. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Rollback to 3.1.3.0 from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...ersion=3.1.3.0

Now when you start HM3 again it will start the setup wizard so you can create a new database.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

Then you can manually import your recent hands from the C:HM3Archive and/or C:\HMArchive folders until we can see what is happening and release a fix so that you can update HM3 again and then use the previous database again after manually importing hands you played while rolled back.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    If your database was opened in 3.1.4.1 it will not be able to be opened in 3.1.3.0. The change from .0 to .1 on the end indicates a database schema change (for downloaded party hands). You will have to create a new database in 3.1.3.0. If you are already on 3.1.3.0 that can be done under the File menu. If you still have 3.1.4.1 installed you need to rename the DB, rollback, then create a new DB in the setup wizard that you can use while you have to temporarily rollback. Once our devs have time to review your/others logs and get a fix released you should then be able to update HM3 and manually import recent hands from the archive to get your previous database working again and updated with hands that you had played while rolled back.

You can use the following instructions to rollback to the previous build, but it will require creating a new database that you will have to use in that version as the schema changed when we added Party parsing support for downloaded hands.

Please close HM3 (if it is actually running) and the HM3 Server and rename the database file - C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\{DatabaseName}.hmdb - to a different name. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Rollback to 3.1.3.0 from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...ersion=3.1.3.0

Now when you start HM3 again it will start the setup wizard so you can create a new database.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

Then you can manually import your recent hands from the C:HM3Archive and/or C:\HMArchive folders until we can see what is happening and release a fix so that you can update HM3 again and then use the previous database again after manually importing hands you played while rolled back.
    What's the point of renaming the database if it still won't be of use and we need to import the hands from the archive?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoss View Post
    What's the point of renaming the database if it still won't be of use and we need to import the hands from the archive?
    Thanks.
    So that when you do update back to a higher 3.1.x.x version you can still use the renamed database. You don't need to import all your hands to that new DB if you plan to switch back to the other database and update it once we release the next 3.1.4.x or 3.1.5.x version.