HEM3 HUD stops working - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by glangaro View Post
    I am having the same problem, I do not see professionalism on the part of this company. The hud just stops working I lost alot working days because these. This update is so heavy that it's almost exploding my ram. I'm starting to regret buying the HM3. If you are unable to make this software acceptable, please return our money. I don't want to pay to test, I pay for the product and I want it. Where can I find an older version as recommended by support? You made me miss another Sunday with the slowness of this support that I regret today to have bought and paid.
    I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing trouble.

Did you send in a ticket with the information and link to this thread?

You can find releases in our releases forum.

Try using our previous release - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...ersion=3.1.3.0
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

You may not be able to rollback using the instructions above as the database from 3.1.4.1 will not be compatible with 3.1.3.0 because of that '.1' change on the end of the version indicating a database schema change.

Our QA/Testing Manager is reviewing these logs/issues this week. For now, you can use the following instructions to rollback to the previous build, but it will require creating a new database that you will have to use in that version as the schema changed when we added Party parsing support for downloaded hands.

Please close HM3 (if it is actually running) and the HM3 Server and rename the database file - C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\{DatabaseName}.hmdb - to a different name. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Rollback to 3.1.3.0 from this link - https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...ersion=3.1.3.0

Now when you start HM3 again it will start the setup wizard so you can create a new database.

Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

Then you can manually import your recent hands from the C:HM3Archive and/or C:\HMArchive folders until we can see what is happening and release a fix so that you can update and then use the previous database again.

There was a short period to buy the upgrade to HEM3 with a discount. Now we have to spend several hours to get the software running. I am very disappointed that the solution is to roll back to an older version and create a new database. Nowaday it is normal to install every update when using software. I won`t install any beta update in the future. I have to restart HEM3 5 to 10 times a day or toll back to a previous version which also wastes hours of my time. Please get better at testing your software. Creating new databases should not be an option for loyal customers.
    Last edited by Fitz; 11-27-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    There was a short period to buy the upgrade to HEM3 with a discount. Now we have to spend several hours to get the software running. I am very disappointed that the solution is to roll back to an older version and create a new database. Nowaday it is normal to install every update when using software. I won`t install any beta update in the future. I have to restart HEM3 5 to 10 times a day or toll back to a previous version which also wastes hours of my time. Please get better at testing your software. Creating new databases should not be an option for loyal customers.
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with the software.

We identified an issue with HUD performance for users with large databases that was introduced in versions newer than 3.1.3.0. We expect to address this in the next Beta update which is targeted in 7-14 days. We have a beta planned for Monday that these fixes may or may not be a part of, if they are not ready in time for the Monday release we will push a new beta as soon as they are ready. While we do not have an exact date for the release, you will receive a prompt to update to all betas once available as long as you have enabled the Tools - Settings - General - [x] 'Check for Updates' and [x] 'Prompt for beta updates' options.

Until the next Beta update, we suggest that you do one of the following:

1. Reinstall Version 3.1.3.0. Important: You should create a new database for this because the databases are not backward compatible. Here is the download link: https://www.holdemmanager.com/downlo...ersion=3.1.3.0

2. View a report and then select an opponent with only a few hands . This will improve your HUD performance but you won't be able to view your results in reports until after your session.

3. Use a smaller database with fewer hands

Thanks in advance for feedback on this. Just let us know which of the 3 suggestions you tried and the results.

For those keeping up with this thread, the issue persists in v3.1.5.5547 as of 13 Dec 2019 (can't believe I need the year to track the date). Selecting a hero with only a very low number of hands works but obviously you won't be seeing your results in the Live Play tab during the session.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowlestoo View Post
    For those keeping up with this thread, the issue persists in v3.1.5.5547 as of 13 Dec 2019 (can't believe I need the year to track the date). Selecting a hero with only a very low number of hands works but obviously you won't be seeing your results in the Live Play tab during the session.
    Are you having no HUD updating/showing at all like the OP of this thread, or are you simply having the issues you reported in this other thread? The issue you reported in that thread is not the same as what the OP of this thread was reporting.

Please see our HUD Troubleshooting FAQ and send the requested logs, screenshots, and hand history files in a support ticket as instructed at the bottom of that FAQ with a link to this forum thread.

This is titled "HUD stops working" and describes how the HUD stops working requiring HM3 to be restarted. This means that the HUD works, then stops and to get it working again requires a restart. The performance issues are a correlate not a causation. How's a user determine causation? So if you're asking "Do I have the issue where the HUD works for a while then stops (as in doesn't show anything but hands still import) then requires HM3 to be restarted in order to get the HUD to work again" then the answer is yes. Does HM3 also run crazy high CPU usage for me? No, not that I've noticed.

Is this exactly the same flaw in HM3 for me as it is for OP? I don't know, there are so many and until you start fixing some we won't get a narrowing down of experience to check.