HM3 player notes out fo screen or at least not available - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ZygomatiK View Post
    Yes i tried everything too and nothing worked,it seems those tips were working on Windows 7 or 8 ,but things are different on W10.

The only trick i found is this one,for example let's say the note i want to open is the one from the player sitting on bottom right of the table,before opening the note,i move the table on the top left on my screen and the note will pop in the middle of the screen and not somewhere outside my screen.
    Btw i'm using a 4k screen and i know W10 has some little problems with 4k compatbility,are you using 4k resolution too?
    I tried to add my other screen or to remove it,tried to tweak settings on Nvidia control panel,nothing worked for now,it's really hard when multitabling having to move tables and lose action focusing.
    I also tried to add the notes by opening the last hand played from the HUD link,but it's only possible to had a note on players there and not changing the color of notes,sor for me it's useless too.

If someone has a good trick,let's share it please.
    I have Win10 and a 4k (TV) monitor that I tested on stars play money tables and could not duplicate this. If you can reproduce and screenshot the issue and send that to us with a set of log files I can forward them to our QA/Testing Manager to review when he is able. He may be able to find what is causing it from the logs, or test on Winamax and other sites that I don't have access to if it is a site specific issue.

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Yes i tried everything too and nothing worked,it seems those tips were working on Windows 7 or 8 ,but things are different on W10.

The only trick i found is this one,for example let's say the note i want to open is the one from the player sitting on bottom right of the table,before opening the note,i move the table on the top left on my screen and the note will pop in the middle of the screen and not somewhere outside my screen.
    Btw i'm using a 4k screen and i know W10 has some little problems with 4k compatbility,are you using 4k resolution too?
    I tried to add my other screen or to remove it,tried to tweak settings on Nvidia control panel,nothing worked for now,it's really hard when multitabling having to move tables and lose action focusing.
    I also tried to add the notes by opening the last hand played from the HUD link,but it's only possible to had a note on players there and not changing the color of notes,sor for me it's useless too.

If someone has a good trick,let's share it please.
    I have a problem with the 4k monitor as well. Maybe something to do with Windows 10 scale/layout option? I use on all screens 125% instead of 100% size. Could this cause it?

Quote Originally Posted by holdemproblem View Post
    I have a problem with the 4k monitor as well. Maybe something to do with Windows 10 scale/layout option? I use on all screens 125% instead of 100% size. Could this cause it?
    I just replied to your support ticket #483994. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/

Ok i'm gonna make a little video that will be even better than screenshot for this kind of problem,but first i'm gonna try to find where it comes from.
    I just opened HM3 on my laptop (W10 ,1920*1080p res,scale 125%) to write this post and the problem didn't show up.

I just checked on my main configuration and i use 150% scale on the 4k screen,so scaling on 4k might be the source of the problem,i'll try to play with 100% scale tomorrow on the 4k to try to see if the problem could be this.
    Last edited by ZygomatiK; 04-09-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Ok i'm gonna make a little video that will be even better than screenshot for this kind of problem,but first i'm gonna try to find where it comes from.
    I just opened HM3 on my laptop (W10 ,1920*1080p res,scale 125%) to write this post and the problem didn't show up.

I just checked on my main configuration and i use 150% scale on the 4k screen,so scaling on 4k might be the source of the problem,i'll try to play with 100% scale tomorrow on the 4k to try to see if the problem could be this.
    Thanks for the details, and it would not surprise me at all if there are issues with 150% scaling that you don't get with 125% or less. My monitor is a 4k 43" TV at full resolution and 100% dpi scaling. I also tested on my other monitor that is a 27" 1440x2560 (portrait mode) at 100% scaling.

Hi,
    Are you working on that?
    I don't want to look bad but it's really a pain in the ass while playing,having to move the table on the opposite side of the screen to be able to have the note opened on the screen and not outside,wouldn't it be possible to program the note to open on the upper right corner of the table or anywhere on the table but outside the screen is really a los of time very important.
    I got the bug on my laptotp and main PC ,one is 1080p,the other one is 4k,and when i plug another screen to both those computer the problem is there too on the other screen,i tried different scaling but nothing change.
    I put the problem on the side for a moment hopping for a fix but still nothing about this issue.

Thx for your help

EDIT: at least if the note window would remember the position where we close it to reopen at the place we choose ,it would maybe take a little time but after opening them all and grabing them at the good place it could be fine...i don't know i try to think about a way to fix this
    Last edited by ZygomatiK; 05-21-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Hi,
    Are you working on that?
    I don't want to look bad but it's really a pain in the ass while playing,having to move the table on the opposite side of the screen to be able to have the note opened on the screen and not outside,wouldn't it be possible to program the note to open on the upper right corner of the table or anywhere on the table but outside the screen is really a los of time very important.
    I got the bug on my laptotp and main PC ,one is 1080p,the other one is 4k,and when i plug another screen to both those computer the problem is there too on the other screen,i tried different scaling but nothing change.
    I put the problem on the side for a moment hopping for a fix but still nothing about this issue.

Thx for your help

EDIT: at least if the note window would remember the position where we close it to reopen at the place we choose ,it would maybe take a little time but after opening them all and grabing them at the good place it could be fine...i don't know i try to think about a way to fix this
    We have not been able to duplicate this. You, or another customer, had sent us some logs I believe at one point in a support ticket but I am not sure what became of that.

a) Here are some steps to see if it is a corrupted user config/setting file:

Close HM3, exit the server icon from the Windows System Tray and rename your C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0 folder to a different name. *If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

When you restart HM3 this will reset all of your settings and config files to default to see if it is related. *Please let us know if this does/doesn't* solve your problems and zip/attach the folder (delete the \3.0\Temp\ sub-folder first) you renamed if it solves the problem.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. *If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. *If you have any problems with dropbox try using google drive.

*If it doesn't solve the problems you can close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the System Tray HM3 Server icon then delete the new default \3.0 folder that was created, and rename the original \3.0 folder back to the proper/original folder name to use your original settings and configs.

b) If you continue to have problems, please send us a set of log files as instructed below for us to review again and your availability for a remote support session as we may need to be able to see this issue first hand and get more details on your system to determine what could be causing this.

i)Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

ii) Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a Remote Support session - https://greenwichmeantime.com/time/to/gmt-local/

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit it into our schedules so you need to give us a few different day and time ranges to choose from.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below first:
    1 - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates').
    2 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections.

Default Issue on HM3 - Note in Taskbar

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    We have not been able to duplicate this. You, or another customer, had sent us some logs I believe at one point in a support ticket but I am not sure what became of that.

a) Here are some steps to see if it is a corrupted user config/setting file:

Close HM3, exit the server icon from the Windows System Tray and rename your C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0 folder to a different name. *If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

When you restart HM3 this will reset all of your settings and config files to default to see if it is related. *Please let us know if this does/doesn't* solve your problems and zip/attach the folder (delete the \3.0\Temp\ sub-folder first) you renamed if it solves the problem.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. *If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. *If you have any problems with dropbox try using google drive.

*If it doesn't solve the problems you can close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the System Tray HM3 Server icon then delete the new default \3.0 folder that was created, and rename the original \3.0 folder back to the proper/original folder name to use your original settings and configs.

b) If you continue to have problems, please send us a set of log files as instructed below for us to review again and your availability for a remote support session as we may need to be able to see this issue first hand and get more details on your system to determine what could be causing this.

i)Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

ii) Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a Remote Support session - https://greenwichmeantime.com/time/to/gmt-local/

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit it into our schedules so you need to give us a few different day and time ranges to choose from.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below first:
    1 - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates').
    2 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections.
    Hi all,

Did try step a) did not bring any improvement. I am using new subscription from HM3 with NoteCaddy included.
    From my side I do use 2 external Monitors out of a Laptop Dell XPS15 9560 as describe below.(main monitor is the 1) Monitor 2 is Philipps 276E and monitor2 is a Lenovo G34w-10

Io7jnFZ.jpg

When playing or replaying on my main monitor, all seems to be working fine - Note popup comes strait above on the screen where is the table (Fine) . When I start playing and/or re-playing on extended monitors (one or the other is same result), Popup do not show up and remain in the taskbar hidden where rarely it happen that popup comes somewhere on the main monitor (I insist really rarely - It took me some time before even noticing it was their on taskbar more of the time asking myself where dam the popup went during my game!!)
    Only solution is to maximize the window (very long process during play) to get it full screen on main monitor => even worst, you are losing focus to the game more than it should... very taff situation.
    I do not have any idea from where that comes - Do we have any kind of solution? I have seen some thread over HM2 around but so far seem issue remain for some people here and there.
    Will appreciate some guidance here from support.... will be very welcome since I look around already for some time and it really annoying.

Looking forward to your reply

Default Note on taskbar me too

I also have the same issue.
    I have multi monitor config - 2 monitor added to laptop.
    Note popup well on my screen when on Main monitor (on laptop)
    Note get on taskbar only or almost (Some time come on Main screen) when playing and/or replaying on extended monitors - Both screen 2 and 3 do not allow popup on played screen.

I did try proposal a) - changing file name and run HM3 again - no way - all stay the same.

Here is my configuration:
    Io7jnFZ.jpg

Is there any reco to soled that since only possible action remain to maximize popup from taskbar each time - it s much time consuming during play.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by CedLec View Post
    I also have the same issue.
    I have multi monitor config - 2 monitor added to laptop.
    Note popup well on my screen when on Main monitor (on laptop)
    Note get on taskbar only or almost (Some time come on Main screen) when playing and/or replaying on extended monitors - Both screen 2 and 3 do not allow popup on played screen.

I did try proposal a) - changing file name and run HM3 again - no way - all stay the same.

Here is my configuration:
    Io7jnFZ.jpg

Is there any reco to soled that since only possible action remain to maximize popup from taskbar each time - it s much time consuming during play.

Thank you in advance for your support.
    Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.