PostgreSQL 190 Gb in C:

Default PostgreSQL 190 Gb in C:

I need space in my disk and the folder PostregSQL have 190 Gb. How can i reduce the size without loose hands in my database?

Where do you see 190 GB? Using File Explorer or WinDirStat? PSQL often reports incorrect size in the Apps & Features / Add/Remove Programs menus if that is where you saw that 190 number.

The only thing you can do to reduce the size of the PSQL folder (w/o purging hands from a database) is to vacuum your databases, or simply delete any other databases you may have created that you no longer use or need.

We recommend you maintain more than 20% free space on your system drive. Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...+of+Disk+Space

If it shows in Control Panel - Programs, that's never been accurate.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

i see 190 gb in HM2 (Database Info in Database Manager), and the same number in File Explorer. I purged the database almost all hands, but in database info and in file explorer still saying 190 Gb (my database has less than 300k hands in this moment, but is still 190 gb long (i made the vacuum too)

Do you have datamined hands?

Do you have a lot of note caddy notes?

Reset them in Note Caddy - File - Reset.

Then you can reprocess them. If you disable notes you do not use, you can have a smaller database.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by gustavom View Post
    i see 190 gb in HM2 (Database Info in Database Manager), and the same number in File Explorer. I purged the database almost all hands, but in database info and in file explorer still saying 190 Gb (my database has less than 300k hands in this moment, but is still 190 gb long (i made the vacuum too)
    The reclaimed space will not be updated in HM2's DB Manager until you have vacuumed the database and restarted your PC at a minimum.

If you purged the database of 'almost all hands' it would have been faster and easier to just delete the database, create a new database, then manually import only the small amount of hands you want to remain. A purged database will never be as small as if the hands had never been imported in the first place.