HM3 not importing hands any longer

Default HM3 not importing hands any longer

Hi,

My HM3 has stopped auto importing hands. My computer was broke so had it on service and then meanwhile played on another computer. I then restore my database on my computer that I have gotten back and now I am not able to auto import hands. I read this here:

"Databases can only be moved or copied while HM3 is closed. Sharing HM3 databases between multiple computers or synchronizing them to the cloud storage while in use is not possible and will corrupt the database."

So what can I do now? I tried to reinstall HM3 but with no success. I have tried to change my auto import folders but nothing is working... Also tried to create a new database but hands still does not get imported if I don't do it manually.

frozzy or someone help!

- Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray. *
    - If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', *'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them. *
    - Click Start - All Apps - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
    - Then zip and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files (and the \Archive folder) in that \Desktop\HM3Logsfiles folder to this same support ticket with a detailed description of what you were doing before the crash. *Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/
    -*If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like or dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. *If you have any problems with dropbox please try using google drive instead.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Never easy lol. Anyways, thank you! Think I will try to reinstall everything again but yeah, thanks.

I don't get it why whenever I uninstall and install HM3 again, my HM3 database is installed again automatically...

Could someone link to the previous HM3 version? I think that my problem started once I updated to the new version.

The database is stored in a separate folder, as are the settings files. Those are untouched when you reinstall the software.

Databases are saved in C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\ and HM3's user settings are in C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

It sounds like the automated database update in our new build did not finish properly, or there was a problem with the database backup/restore process.

This is where I would have asked you to send us the logs, like udbrky asked above, but it is probably way too late for that at this point with as many reinstalls as I figure you have done by now.

Please try to create a new database: File - New Database* then manually import some hands via File - Import Folder - from C:\HM2Archive and/or C:\HM3Archive.

*Please do not create your HM3 Database in a sub-folder of any cloud file hosting service (Dropbox, OneDrive,.Google Drive, etc) as it can cause database corruptions because it will constantly be syncing the database to the cloud while you are playing/importing. You can configure HM3 to archive any auto imported hand history files to a cloud file hosting service folder if you choose to as that will not affect the SQLite database in any way, and you can obviously store any HM3 database backup files you create in a cloud folder instead of the default path HM3 suggests when backing up databases.

If you continue to have problems:

Which site/games are you playing?

1) Check that hands are being saved by your poker client to the folder configured in your poker client options - https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...r-3/Site-Setup
    2) Make sure that same folder is set in HM3 - Tools - Site Settings and assigned to the correct Poker Site
    3) Make sure you enabled the HM3 - File - Start Auto Import option.
    4) Check that the hands are importing to HM3:
    - Open Tools - Import Details and go to the Live play tab
    - You should see new hands coming in there when playing and see them in the HM3 - Reports too
    5) When hands import the HUD should appear

Please edit the Tools - Site Settings - {your site/network name} - Time Zone Adjustment - [x] 'Manual hand time adjustment (in hours)' option so that the time for the hands in the Reports will match your local time if the Auto Detect method did not properly set the offset value.
    If you still don't see a HUD is there a HM3 HUD icon on the table or is there nothing at all at the table?

If none of that helps:

a) Please enable the Tools - Settings - Feature Logging - Select [x] HUD - OK.

b) Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Take a screenshot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Live Play tab, your poker client lobby and a browser page of this site - https://time.is/ - visible in the screen shot.

c) Click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu, or from the 'Help' menu at the top, and send your logs and config files with a detailed description of the problem.

d) Send the screenshots in the same/new support ticket the Send Feedback system generated for this issue. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page - https://support.holdemmanager.com/user/mytickets/

e) Save a copy of the original Hand history for the table/session with the issue and zip/attach those also.*

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

*All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.