Duplicate hand histories in database

Default Duplicate hand histories in database

Hello I was wondering if there's a feature to purge or remove duplicate hand histories? I searched online but couldn't find anything like this.

You can right-click and delete any hand(s) from any report or use the Database Manager - 'Purge' menu for mass deletion of hands.

You shouldn't be seeing duplicates in the database for the same hand. If you are it indicates a problem or corruption.

i) Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database.

ii) If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB.

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step.

iii) If none of that helps please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to us using the 'Contact Support' link.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

Hi. Yes I'm having this same problem with duplicates. I play on IGN. I tried vacuum/analyze and that didnt work either

Quote Originally Posted by cpstar1976 View Post
    Hi. Yes I'm having this same problem with duplicates. I play on IGN. I tried vacuum/analyze and that didnt work either
    Try the new database and if that doesn't help then send the hands for testing to both us and the support team for the grabber you use. We don't generally even bother testing hands that come from a grabber/converter of an unsupported site but in this instance I would be curious if it is a grabber bug or a bug with HM2 just to be sure.

You can also try using the new Ignition Hand Grabber App for HM3 Beta if you own a HM2 license - https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=539919