New PC.

Thread: New PC.

Default New PC.

I have just got a new PC. Have all my hand histories from HM Archive but no HUD or pop up sets ups. I have recovered the data off my old PC but cant find a FAQ on where huds and pop ups are stored Hoping I can copy the files onto a usb stick and then plug that into new pc and dragend drop or import. Any pointers for this or other info I may have forgotten?

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...dem+Manager%3F

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Only my data was recovered from the old PC after a battery failure took out Windows and a restore of data was done. Do i need to reinstall HM2 on that. If so what do I then do to import as many files were renamed. Understand i prob lost lots as seem to only have a fraction of my HH but would like my custom HUD config if possible

I have no way to know if HM2 needs to be reinstalled on the old computer, it isn't clear what exactly was done to it. If they backed up data and reinstalled windows then you can use the raw data backups and the FAQ we linked to, to transfer the original hands and settings from one computer to another.

That FAQ explains where the original hands and other settings are located if you weren't able to create a *.pghembk file. You can copy the original hands to the new computer and import those, and you can copy/paste the settings files from the old computer to the new computers installation in the same folders.

Renamed HH files won't matter to HM2 or HM3. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD. It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

If you play a site like stars/ftp/party you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.