Hands number difference between Summary and HUD

Default Hands number difference between Summary and HUD

Hello,

I have a difference in total numbers of hands between Summary and HUD.
    In the replayer for exemple if i replay one of my hand, I can see my total hands is about 15K whereas it is around 40K in summary when i clear filter.
    On the table if i look for an opponent it is the same : let say 3K on HUD and 5K in summary.
    As a result other stats are different , because obviously it might be sample dependant.

I have already checked the basics things :
    - Months filter set to 12 which cover all hands in my DB (8 months on this computer)
    - Number of players set correctly
    - Limit filter also set correctly

I have another problem, don't know if i should make a separate thread. But wanted to write it here cause it might be related, i don't know ...
    I have already seen this problem couple time in forum but never seen a solution :
    I play on PMU Poker which is a french client for PartyPoker. Some tables have weird names with special carcaters like "é" or "-". On those tables like "évreux" or "Corbeil-Essones" , the HUD is not refreshed. Hand are imported and i can find it in the summary, but if i want to see the HUD refresh i have to stop HUD and relaunch it which is a bit bothering case there are many tables like this.

Thank you by advance !

As of June 17th 2019 PartyPoker has stopped saving hand histories. Existing hand histories can still be imported. If PartyPoker hand histories are available in the future, we will import them.*

- https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...ories-1745206/

- https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=539762

- https://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-roo...d-party-tools/

"Players at partypoker can expect sweeping changes to the third-party tool policy at partypoker as the world’s second largest online room is moving towards banning all forms of tracking tools, including HUDs.
    Besides restrictions on HUDs, many other changes are also expected to go live. Players will no longer be able to download hand histories, instead, a new hand replayer will be provided. This change will make tracking tools like PokerTracker, Hold’em Manager, and Jivaro ineffective once implemented."

*If you play at one of the regional PartyPoker.xx regional skins that currently still save hands, we will be adding it back to HM2 and HM3. You can roll back to the previous official release 8629 of HM2 to use the Site Setup again if your site still writes hands - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...r_2_Update.exe
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi,

I use a regional PartyPoker.xx skins that currently still save hands.
    My hands are imported.

But still have following problems :
    - Difference in total number of hands between HUD ans summary
    - HUD not refreshing on table with special caracters like "Corbeil-Essones"

Also i have a thir problems :
    - HUD is always set so session stats (red HUD). Have to switch by double-cliicking every time i open a new table.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Death View Post
    Hi,

I use a regional PartyPoker.xx skins that currently still save hands.
    My hands are imported.

But still have following problems :
    - Difference in total number of hands between HUD ans summary
    - HUD not refreshing on table with special caracters like "Corbeil-Essones"

Also i have a thir problems :
    - HUD is always set so session stats (red HUD). Have to switch by double-cliicking every time i open a new table.
    They switched a long time ago to being anonymous for cash game.

This is by design because Party doesn't write player names to the hand history file even though you can see them in the live table graphics. Please see this -*http://www.partypoker.com/blog/cash-game-changes.html

The HUD should work but it will show stats for Player 1, Player 2, etc instead of Player screen names. *We updated HM2 to reset the stats at each new table to 'Session Stats' which uses the HUD Settings > General Settings > HUD Font > 'Alt Background' color so you will know they are session stats and not lifetime stats. *If you do not want the HUD background to be red change the 'Alt background' color by clicking it with your left mouse button and using the color picker.

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' and 'FastPoker' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps. You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ging#startmenu

Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Attach a screenshot of the table/desktop
    - Try to include the Active Sessions tab and/or Sessions Report that also includes your windows clock and poker client lobby clock in the screen shot
    - Attach a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue*
    - Close HM2 and attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

*All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I have check how Party HH works and this may help you :

On this Party skin, when you seat at a table you'll see your screename + Player 1 - Player 2 ....
    When your first hand is dealt you'll see on the table All screename.
    BUT here is the catch :
    - Party will write the 1st hand in the log file with your screename + Player 1 - Player 2 .....
    - From the second hand and for all the next one, Party will write All true screenames.

I guess this is what causes HM2 while reading the first hand to switch to 'Session stats'.
    Also, maybe a detail, but the 1st hand you play at a table, the one recorded with Player 1 - Player 2 ... is never recorded in HM2. So if you managed to win an entire buyin on this very first hand of the table, you still see a winning of 0€ in your summary or Active session.

My HM2Archive is organized as you described.
    You can see on this picture what i described above.

Table.png

On this screenshot you can also see another problem :
    The table name is "évreux".
    The name is correctly written in the filename and the hand itself.
    But when i replay the hand in HM2, the "é" has disapear. Like if HM2 can't deal with special caracters.
    Typically those table won't be refreshed automatically and the HUD is frozen to 0 hand at first. Then you have to stop/start HUD , this will refreshed the HUD to the number of hands you have played. Let say 33 hands. You can play 1 hour and the HUD will show the stats for those 33 hand only until you decide to do another Stop/start HUD.
    But even if you don't do stop/start HUD, you still can see the hands in the summary.

I hope this details will help you.

I'll play a few hands today and send my logs.

I just found the answer to my first problem which is the difference between total hands in HUD and summary.

It is related to the options 'Max Replayer Hands' in the HUD
    Default is set to 20 000

I like to add the HUD filter by limit. On a specific limit i have 37k Hands.
    But the options 'Max Replayer Hands' is not filtered by limit.

So among those 20K hands i played 11k hands on the specific limit.
    This is where this 11K come from.
    If i unchecked the limit filtered, i do see 20K hands in the HUD as a mix of limit.

And of course if i put 0 in 'Max Replayer Hands' + filter HUD by limit, i do see the 37K i was looking for.
    But this take a long time to be displayed, and of is related to performance issue, so the 20K limit.

Everything is Ok for this specific problem, i feared my database was corrupted which is not the case.

Waiting to hear from you about the other problems.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Death View Post
    I have check how Party HH works and this may help you :

On this Party skin, when you seat at a table you'll see your screename + Player 1 - Player 2 ....
    When your first hand is dealt you'll see on the table All screename.
    BUT here is the catch :
    - Party will write the 1st hand in the log file with your screename + Player 1 - Player 2 .....
    - From the second hand and for all the next one, Party will write All true screenames.

I guess this is what causes HM2 while reading the first hand to switch to 'Session stats'.
    Also, maybe a detail, but the 1st hand you play at a table, the one recorded with Player 1 - Player 2 ... is never recorded in HM2. So if you managed to win an entire buyin on this very first hand of the table, you still see a winning of 0€ in your summary or Active session.

My HM2Archive is organized as you described.
    You can see on this picture what i described above.

Table.png

On this screenshot you can also see another problem :
    The table name is "évreux".
    The name is correctly written in the filename and the hand itself.
    But when i replay the hand in HM2, the "é" has disapear. Like if HM2 can't deal with special caracters.
    Typically those table won't be refreshed automatically and the HUD is frozen to 0 hand at first. Then you have to stop/start HUD , this will refreshed the HUD to the number of hands you have played. Let say 33 hands. You can play 1 hour and the HUD will show the stats for those 33 hand only until you decide to do another Stop/start HUD.
    But even if you don't do stop/start HUD, you still can see the hands in the summary.

I hope this details will help you.

I'll play a few hands today and send my logs.
    HM3 should have support for the oddly named tables better. You can try it now in Beta.

These hand histories are flawed and there is nothing we can do for them until/unless Party fixes them.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)