NC notes not functioning across licenses

Default NC notes not functioning across licenses

Hi,

I have 3 computers across two locations plus a laptop. I have a HM2 license on all 4 machines. As a result I have two HM2/NC licenses each of which is for 2 of the machines.

When I develop new NC notes I want to run them on all 4 machines (the laptop is not really important as it is not powerful enough anway, so let's call it 3 machines), but this is not really working. It looks as if NC notes created under one license cannot be seen (even on the same machine) if accessed under the other HM2 license. I assume this is by design. I will say that this does not seem to be a clear cut rule. Some of the notes can be seen, but some cannot. I can see the files on the file system, but I need to switch license to see them through HM2.

Is there any way around this? I basically want to be able to make a change on any one of these machines and copy the changes to the other machines.

I assume there is no way to have 3 or 4 machines under a single license even if I pay extra? Alternatively, how do I go about manually fixing this. Unfortunately I have a large number (500+) notes.

Thanks

Hello tlukasha,

If I'm reading this correctly you're hoping for notes processed on one machine to show also for another machine? I believe it doesn't work like this. You need to process the notes on each machine as far as I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hello tlukasha,

If I'm reading this correctly you're hoping for notes processed on one machine to show also for another machine? I believe it doesn't work like this. You need to process the notes on each machine as far as I understand.
    No, this is not what I mean. Clearly you need to generate the notes on each separate machine.

You live in one location and you work on your NC definitions on your development machine there. You finish things off, test them, and then move (copy) the note definitions onto the machine you use to play with. If both machines use the same HM2 license this will work fine (obviously you need to re-generate the notes on the 2nd machine).

Multiple times a year however I travel to a different location where I also play some online poker. In this location I have a 3rd machine (which has a different HM2 license).

If I now copy all of the NC definitions onto the 3rd machine some of the notes do not even appear in the Note listing in NC. If on the same machine I instead use the HM2 license that I use on the original machine used to create the note definitions they DO appear.

So, to me it seems that the creators of NC are trying to ensure that they can control the creation/distribution of NoteDefinitions between license holders. This is reasonable enough, but it stops me from effectively managing my three machines.

Hope that makes sense.

Ah yeah if you are using protected NoteCaddy packages, they are only tied to one HM2 license key. So you would have to purchase the package for each HM2 license key that you want to associate it with.

When you travel to your other location you can reset your license key to use it on your 3rd computer. Then when you travel back you can reset the license key again to use it back on one of your first 2 computers. Resetting a license key is done at holdemmanager.com -> My Account section.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Ah yeah if you are using protected NoteCaddy packages, they are only tied to one HM2 license key. So you would have to purchase the package for each HM2 license key that you want to associate it with.

When you travel to your other location you can reset your license key to use it on your 3rd computer. Then when you travel back you can reset the license key again to use it back on one of your first 2 computers. Resetting a license key is done at holdemmanager.com -> My Account section.
    Right, but I am not using protected NC packages. I have bought NC Edge in the past, but I don't believe I am using a single one of their definitions any more. That is unless I happen to have renamed one of their definitions and I am using them without knowing it. Is there any way of figuring that out?

Either way, I don't believe this is the reason I am seeing the problem I am having.

Quote Originally Posted by tlukasha View Post
    Right, but I am not using protected NC packages. I have bought NC Edge in the past, but I don't believe I am using a single one of their definitions any more. That is unless I happen to have renamed one of their definitions and I am using them without knowing it. Is there any way of figuring that out?

Either way, I don't believe this is the reason I am seeing the problem I am having.
    Hello tlukasha,

If the files are .n2d it means they are protected licensed packages. If they are .xml then they are not protected. If you right-click on any note definition in NoteCaddy and click "Open containing folder" you can see what kind of file extension they have.