I have NoteCaddy v22.214.171.124 and HM2 v126.96.36.19929 (I believe both are the latest versions)
I have an SSD, Intel Xeon 4-core CPU running at 3 Ghz (it's 3 years old) with 16GB Ram. All 4 cores are selected when running note updates.
I have not updated postgrep so I think I'm using v8.
I made a few note definition changes and had 11 actions to perform against 280,000 hands. It ran for 24 hours and was still on Task 1 of 11 and looked to be only 1/2 done with that task according to the status bar. I stopped it. It then showed 10 tasks. I then vacuumed the DB. Now it showed only 1 remaining task.
1. If the status bar was 1/2 filled on task 1 of 11, why did it show 10 remaining tasks after I stopped it?
2. After I vacuumed, why was there only 1 remaining task (instead of 10). Does the vacuum perform any updates to notes?
3. Are you surprised it ran for 24 hours for a single task and only showed 1/2 way done with a 280k hand DB?
4. Is there a way to reprocess a single note? (I don't want to use File -> Reset all Notes).
5. What kind of performance improvement will I gain if I upgrade to postgrep v9?