Notecaddy Task Processor - slow and accuracy?

Default Notecaddy Task Processor - slow and accuracy?

I have NoteCaddy v2.6.0.14 and HM2 v2.0.0.8629 (I believe both are the latest versions)
    I have an SSD, Intel Xeon 4-core CPU running at 3 Ghz (it's 3 years old) with 16GB Ram. All 4 cores are selected when running note updates.
    I have not updated postgrep so I think I'm using v8.

I made a few note definition changes and had 11 actions to perform against 280,000 hands. It ran for 24 hours and was still on Task 1 of 11 and looked to be only 1/2 done with that task according to the status bar. I stopped it. It then showed 10 tasks. I then vacuumed the DB. Now it showed only 1 remaining task.

1. If the status bar was 1/2 filled on task 1 of 11, why did it show 10 remaining tasks after I stopped it?
    2. After I vacuumed, why was there only 1 remaining task (instead of 10). Does the vacuum perform any updates to notes?
    3. Are you surprised it ran for 24 hours for a single task and only showed 1/2 way done with a 280k hand DB?
    4. Is there a way to reprocess a single note? (I don't want to use File -> Reset all Notes).
    5. What kind of performance improvement will I gain if I upgrade to postgrep v9?

The task processor seems to need some work. I can't get it to work successfully either. The only options in my opinion are to reset and reprocess your notes, or to just allow for the notes to be created on newly imported hands.

You won't notice much improvement by upgrading to postgresql 9 in my opinion. There may be slight improvements, but nothing extraordinary.

When you say "reset and reprocess", do you mean File > Reset Notes? If so, wouldn't reprocessing all my notes (about 50 definitions) take longer than to Remove/Create a single definition modification?

Quote Originally Posted by thecontrarian View Post
    When you say "reset and reprocess", do you mean File > Reset Notes? If so, wouldn't reprocessing all my notes (about 50 definitions) take longer than to Remove/Create a single definition modification?
    Yes correct, File -> Reset Notes, and after it completes click to process the notes again.

Logically I think yeah it would make sense that removing notes for one and recreating just those notes would be faster, but NoteCaddy has some other optimizations that don't let that functionality work very well I'm guessing.