Bug with "Opponents" tab after using "Purge" option

Default Bug with "Opponents" tab after using "Purge" option

Hey!

I remember that I had this problem 5-6 years ago. But then I did not know the reason, after which I did not use Hold'em Manager for a long time.

The bug is very easy to reproduce: After you use the "Purge" function for a given time range (for example, for one specific day) players' hands are not recalculated in the "Opponents" tab, as if nothing has been removed. For example, you have 2000 hands on a player, and you deleted 1000 hands of this player, which he played, say, April 20th. In the "Opponents" tab there are still 2000 hands left on the player. Then you import the HH of this day again - 2000 hands were again in "Reports", but in the "Opponents" tab there were already 3000 thousand hands on this player. If you repeat this operation (Purge > Import) in the "Reports" it will be all those same 2000 hands, and in the "Opponents" already 4000 and so on to infinity.

In general, as soon as you use the "Purging" function, one of the main tabs of Hold'em Manager "Opponents" starts showing porridge. It is strange that for so many years it has not been fixed.

And in order not to create a new theme - in the HM1 there was a possibility of sorting in the tab "Opponents" by winrate (bb / 100). Why was it removed? If I want to analyze the most successful players or biggest fishes, for example, then I want to sort them by winrate. Now there is no such sorting, and I can get the win rate in this tab only by calculating "Net Won" and "Total hands". Why did you deprive users of such a convenient and visual tool? And in combination with the bug that I described above, Winrate in principle becomes impossible to calculate through the "Opponents" tab. Only each player individually in "Reports".

Oh - my HM2 version is 8544. Maybe this bug already was corrected in newest versions?

Ty.

i) Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

ii) If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    i) Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...29#maintenance

ii) If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...y+played+hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F
    Hey. My fault is that I did not write that I was doing all the operations on an absolutely clean base. I created an empty base "TMP", then I import my hands for 3 days into it. Then i purge 1 day. Then import this 1 day back.

Moreover, after "Purge" I did a Full Vacuum analyze, just in case, before using "Purging" I did a reset NoteCaddy notes and use "Tools>Vacuum Database" in Notecaddy, with the thought that Noteсaddy notes can somehow block the removal of some tables in database - but this did not help at all.

It's an issue with the way the report is pulled. It's a low level bug that is not a priority.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    It's an issue with the way the report is pulled. It's a low level bug that is not a priority.
    Interesting - one of several Hold'em Manager tabs starts to show completely distorted data after elementary DB manipulations, and this is a low-priority bug? Or do you think that besides "Reports" no one uses anything? Well, okay, your business, although I disagree with that.