Notecaddy displays statistics with a huge delay. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hmm interesting, I was pretty sure taking the .HEM stats out of your composites/colors would fix it for you. What if you make inactive all definitions which use badges temporarily, do your HUD and Popups load faster then? Maybe we can try to narrow down the issue some more.
    Hey. I spent quite a long investigation. First of all, I found one (1) composite definition, which I did not designate as composite. There is a rather elementary formula using 3 HM stats, but after sending it to “not active”, the friezes, lags and other hangs ended. Here is this formula: HEM. "Total Hands" * (HEM. "Seen Flop Overall" / 100) * (HEM. "WTSD% (When Saw Flop)" / 100) / HEM. "Total Hands" * 100. Pretty depressing that this is done in such a way that an eight-core computer with 12 open tables occupying 1-2% of the processor is not able to calculate a couple of elementary mathematical expressions. All I wanted was not the synthetic and low-useful WTSD from HM2, but the % of player's Showdowns from the whole possible range.
    The only solution is to try to replace all of these HEM.Total Hands and other with NC defs? This is terrible and I'm not sure that is always possible.

After the removal of this definition, it was found that the absence, or late appearance of badges on the screen, is a different problem and is not associated with lags and hangs. Just for some reason, HM sometimes does not want to display all the badges on the screen, but only a part of them. The rest may appear later - from 1 to 20-30 minutes, or not at all. At the same time, they are all in the "Notes Popup" because I specifically did not remove the checkbox "Show in notes Popup" when create my defs. Stop HUD> STOP Import> Start Import> Start HUD usually do not help. It helps only to close the HM2, and its reopening, and then Start Import> Start HUD. Then all the badges will be on the screen. With what it is caused - I can not understand. The processor is free, no freezes, no high loads.

And another question, so as not to produce topics. Even 2 questions: the creator of the program, Sreticentv is still alive? He stopped responding at all on the forum, only you answer, without you the forum would have died at all. About 5 years ago, I asked him to do a normal detection of a flush on the river, with the ability to exclude backdoor flushes from the calculation. He promised to consider this question, but he did not do anything. I understand that you are the creator of a fairly well-known package of definitions for NC, you somehow managed to solve this question, do you have definitions that take into account the behavior of the preflop raiser and his opponents on flush 3 rivers? Now backdoors can be excluded only by turning off 2 x Two flush on the turn, but in this case we will exclude hands with boards of the form XXZZX - i.e ~ 1/4 of all flush draw desks. Maybe you found some original idea for this? I tried to do it through a merged definitions, as sreticentv advece me - nothing worked, then he admitted that it really is impossible, and said that he would add such an opportunity later.
    Last edited by FALOs; 03-20-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Great, glad you found the issue! Yeah you can't even use any of those "HEM" stats in your definitions or it can cause that issue. The only solution I know of is to replace those HEM stats with NC stats. I know not ideal especially if you have a lot of them. If you can create the NC versions maybe you can use something like Find and Replace (FAR) to replace all your composite stats that use these more quickly. That program has come in handy for me many times when working with large amounts of NC definitions.

Your new issue with the badges sometimes not appearing sounds like perhaps the game size changed to a different size that you have set in your NoteCaddy -> Settings -> Partitions. For example if I have set partitions to 2, 3, 4-6, 7-9, and we are 4 handed, then someone leaves making it 3 handed.. then the badges would change to show only for hands played 3 handed.

Sreticentv is still alive I believe, although I haven't heard from him for a little while. He pops in the forum every once in a while still and answers questions. I just think his main priority these days is another job unrelated to poker I think. I know he did a lot of work last year and maybe this year too to get NC into PT4 & HM3, so he is still around sometimes.

For excluding backdoor flushes hitting the river, can't you just set the flop must contain 2 to flush, turn must only contain 2 to flush, and the river contains 3 to flush? These would be in Flop/Turn/River General tabs where you can set the board textures.
    Last edited by NotecaddyEdge; 03-21-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Hey bro!

The only solution I know of is to replace those HEM stats with NC stats. I know not ideal especially if you have a lot of them.
    Done. Work fast now, but for some values, it was necessary to make 3 or more definitions. Well, that's better than before.

Your new issue with the badges sometimes not appearing sounds like perhaps the game size changed to a different size that you have set in your NoteCaddy -> Settings -> Partitions. For example if I have set partitions to 2, 3, 4-6, 7-9, and we are 4 handed, then someone leaves making it 3 handed.. then the badges would change to show only for hands played 3 handed.
    No, no, no bro. I have default Partition settings:
    1-2
    3-6
    7-10
    and i don't play HU, only 6 max, so this is not a reason.
    It does not exactly depend on the number of players at the table. For example, I see that judging by the "Player notes" the player should have 7 badges active, but only 2 are on the screen. I have two options:
    1) Wait and maybe they will appear in 1-25 minutes
    2) Just close the HM2 and start it again, and then all the badges appear.

For excluding backdoor flushes hitting the river, can't you just set the flop must contain 2 to flush, turn must only contain 2 to flush, and the river contains 3 to flush? These would be in Flop/Turn/River General tabs where you can set the board textures.
    No, this logic don't work, because 2 reason:
    1)Turn rule
    Specified texture must have occured on the turn
    So if i set 2 to flush on turn after it was already on the flop, then such a definition will not work correctly.

2)If i set "2 to flush" on flop, and "None" on Turn, 3 to flush on River, than it will be without backdor Flush, but also without
    hands with structure like this: Heart Heart Diamond Diamond Heart. (~1/4 of situations with "2 to flush" on flop )

(If i set "2 to flush" on flop, "None" and "2 x Two flush" on Turn and "3 to flush" on River then i will have backdor flushes with desk structure like Heart Heart Diamond Diamond Diamond, Ie what I do not want.
    Deadlock.

You did not deal with this issue when you made your package, or just forgot already?
    Last edited by FALOs; 03-29-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Hey FALOs,

I'm glad you got it to work much better by replacing those HEM stats with NC versions.

Regarding the badges delay, you could try changing your settings in NoteCaddy -> File -> Settings -> HUD. http://prntscr.com/n5u4kk Like in this screenshot, you could try them like I have them, or try checking them in the other different ways and see if anything changes for you.

For the Flush stat, you're right the way I suggested would exclude times when 2x 2 flushes hit the Turn. I don't think there is a way to do it exactly as you want. I guess you'd have to compromise and have the stat allow for backdoor flushes unless you find that is not worth it. If I created this stat in a previous package I assume I did allow for backdoor flushes to occur.