HM2 License not recognized any more?

Default HM2 License not recognized any more?

Hi,

Summary: HM2 does not recognize my license any more. If I enter my (valid) license key during startup, it *instantly* says it cannot contact the server. Any other web traffic is working fine though. Error message log below - seems to be some kind of .net DLL issue. I've already completely uninstalled and reinstalled .NET (including all updates): error persists.

Details:
    I've bought HM2 somewhen in 2012 and usually play a few hours/days each year during the christmas holidays. My whole poker setup is on a virtualbox virtual machine. Which also means, that it is dormant nearly a year between restarts, so there's a lot of updates going on when I start it agani. It worked fine last year, so something in the updates of either windows/.net or in HM2 broke something now.

It's Win7 Professional.

Logfile attached.

I cant even set up a new instance, because without starting HM2, I cant even export a backup and would lose all settings/stats.

don't post logs in the forum.

Install VC++ 2013 from this link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40784
    - If you have 64 Bit Windows you have to install vcredist_x64.exe and if you have 32 Bit Windows you have to install vcredist_x86.exe.* You can check your Windows Control Panel System details if you are not sure which version of Windows you use.

Please let us know if that solves the problem for you.

If you continue to have problems:

Please see this FAQ for help in resolving licensing issues:
    http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...Holdem+Manager

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

Once you have collected/sent the logs roll back to 8536 from this link until we have a chance to review your logs - https://www.holdemmanager.com/Downlo...pdate_8536.exe
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi udbrky,

I've sanitized the logs of course, so my keys are not in there.

Thanks, the VC++ 2013 fixed the issue.

For the future guys who run into the same problem, here's the error and some keywords, so you find this thread (because I found 0 results in this forum when looking for that):

Code:
    License error 0x0000000A: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MvsApiServices_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
       at HoldemManager.Licensing.WebRequestManager.PostWebRequest_x64(String url, String content, Byte[] buf)
       at HoldemManager.Licensing.WebRequestManager.PostWebRequest(String url, String content, Boolean encrypt)
    PostWebRequest: returns Error: Unable to load DLL 'MvsApiServices_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    result=Error: Unable to load DLL 'MvsApiServices_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    GetLicenseStateQuery: returns <ProductLicense>
      <Request>getLicenseState</Request>
      <Product>402</Product>

Quote Originally Posted by Dave59 View Post
    Hi udbrky,

I've sanitized the logs of course, so my keys are not in there.

Thanks, the VC++ 2013 fixed the issue.

For the future guys who run into the same problem, here's the error and some keywords, so you find this thread (because I found 0 results in this forum when looking for that):

Code:
    License error 0x0000000A: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'MvsApiServices_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
       at HoldemManager.Licensing.WebRequestManager.PostWebRequest_x64(String url, String content, Byte[] buf)
       at HoldemManager.Licensing.WebRequestManager.PostWebRequest(String url, String content, Boolean encrypt)
    PostWebRequest: returns Error: Unable to load DLL 'MvsApiServices_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    result=Error: Unable to load DLL 'MvsApiServices_x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    GetLicenseStateQuery: returns <ProductLicense>
      <Request>getLicenseState</Request>
      <Product>402</Product>
    When you send us information, we need to see all of it, exactly as it is, unedited. We can access your code, so there is no reason to edit it out from us. that is why we have you send in a ticket, not post in the forum.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)