problems when installing postgreSQL

Default problems when installing postgreSQL

I have windows 10

In the installation process the following error arises.

"Problem when executing the post installation step. The installation could not finish correctly. There was an error reading the file C: / Program Files (x86) /PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf".

Seeing other post about errors in the installation I have not managed to find a solution to the problem.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Uninstall PostgreSQL & try the following steps:

1) Run cmd.exe as Admin (Start > Search 'cmd' > Right-Click > Run As Admin)
    2) in CMD window run (type the code then hit Enter key) following command:
    Code:
    net user postgres /del
    3) Reboot PC
    4) after reboot open cmd.exe again & run following commands:
    Code:
    net user postgres postgrespass /add
    net localgroup Administrators postgres /add
    net localgroup Users postgres /delete
    runas /user:postgres cmd.exe
    When it asks about password please input postgrespass & don`t worry if you don`t see any new symbols\inputs in cmd window. If you did all steps right then you should get new cmd window for postgres user.

5) Download PostgreSQL installer (http://get.enterprisedb.com/postgres...-1-windows.exe) & move (copy/paste) it from the \Downloads folder to C:\
    6) in new cmd window for postgres user run following commands:
    Code:
    cd c:\
    start postgresql-8.4.22-1-windows.exe
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thanks Chris

I have completed all the pazos twice and the problem has not been solved.

I have fulfilled all the pazos twice and the problem has not been solved (I get to the option to get new cmd window for postgres user which makes me think that I have not made an error following the tutorial).
    Maybe the problem is due to install a new disk with Windows 10 PRO system keeping the previous one. The previous disk had the windows 10 HOME system and installed HM working without problems. Initially try to lift the Holdem Manager program installed on the previous disk from my new disk, from then on neither the previous one worked nor allowed me to install HM again.
    I hope you help me find the solution.
    Regards

I have fulfilled all the pazos twice and the problem has not been solved (I get to the option to get new cmd window for postgres user which makes me think that I have not made an error following the tutorial).
    Maybe the problem is due to install a new disk with Windows 10 PRO system keeping the previous one. The previous disk had the windows 10 HOME system and installed HM working without problems. Initially try to lift the Holdem Manager program installed on the previous disk from my new disk, from then on neither the previous one worked nor allowed me to install HM again.
    I hope you help me find the solution.
    regards

You can't just copy and paste the Postgres files.

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser).

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database as a precaution in case you cannot reconnect after reinstalling PostgreSQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...onfigs+work%3F

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...nced+Method%29 but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\X.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

After you click 'Enter' for the code above also do that same for this code:

sc delete postgresql-8.4

and click 'Enter' again.

5) Restart your PC

6) Install PostgreSQL 9.3 from http://www.enterprisedb.com/products...wnload#windows

7) Once installed you should disable the postgresql logging as instructed here - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...arge+Log+Files

If there is still an issue, we need to know the error - it is in the temp folder - bitrockinstaller.txt file. If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Along with that file:

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...ger+Support%3F

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hi Chris, impossible for me solve the problem.
    I have followed all the pazos twice and I do not have any positive results.
    Previously I installed the HM2 several times and it is the first time that I have a problem that I can not solve.
    If reinstalling windows would solve the problem, non problem, a few days ago I installed it on my new PC, my sistem my operating system is windows 10 Pro.
    It would be the easiest solution for me.
    Regards
    Last edited by yatasto; 12-05-2018 at 12:33 AM.

PostgreSQL Whisperer

Please do following steps:
    1) run cmd.exe as admin
    2) run following command: net user
    3) Post screenshot with results.

Thanks, solve the problem solve the problem by creating a new user.
    Regards