HM2 freezes my whole system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HM2 freezes my whole system

After installing HM2 on a new computer it just goes and freezes my whole system from time to time. I operate on Win 7 x64. While playing I need to close HM2 to continue playing or it won't let me make a decision on the table. Task manager shows that every second while this happens HM2 increases memory consumption.

I'm really sorry and I know there is nothing more frustrating than having issues like this when trying to play. I hope i can help you resolve this quickly.

What is your hard drive model, RAM and CPU? You can find this in your Control Panel - System - Device Manager. Sometimes lower spec PC's can contribute to lagging but that is not to say we can't still improve it further.

Are you running Notecaddy also and do you have many definitions or use any of the NC Edge or NC Advantage packages? Those can also have an impact on large database with large definitions. If you do I would suggest reading this thread which will help improve the performance when using NC - NoteCaddy speed improvement - Assaultware Wiki

You can also try the steps in the following AJA Performance Guide - http://www.notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%2...ide%20v1.2.pdf

How big is your database and how many hero hands are in the database? If you have a large database you can try to edit the hm2 config file to force HM2 to use more or less RAM and see if it helps. Here is a text document with instructions if you want to try that also - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloa...kingSetCap.txt

In the meantime while you reply with those details I have a couple of things you can try that will improve the performance of your PC in general and may help if this scanning is the cause of the issues you're seeing.

Please check these 2 FAQs and try all the steps there to see if they help:
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) - Resolves issues where security software continually try to scan files and processes which can slow down your PC
    - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Fix Holdem Manager 2 Lagging (Reports & HUD) - General tips and solutions for performance issues

A few other things you could try to see if it helps when playing:
    - Does it help you disable the Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous > [ ] 'Automatically Refresh' option and restart HM2?
    - Try leaving HM2 on the 'Home' tab when playing.
    - Try picking a villain in the reports that only has a few hands in your database instead of your hero and restart HM2.
    - Try creating a new smaller database with just hands from the past 1 or 2 months to use when playing - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem, describe exactly what you were doing, and attach your new \HM2logs folder -
    Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Hard drive samsung 500 gb ssd, 12 gb ram, i5-4690K @ 3.5 ghz. Previously HM 2 worked perfectly even with 100 gb database, but now after new windows installation it just freezes randomly with 15 gb database.

I don't use notecaddy, but I think it runs while I'm playing despite me not using it nor choosing to use it in the first place. Maybe I could/should turn off notecaddy somehow? It tried many times to create "reads" after I imported my database, but it took way too long for me to wait for it.

Database 15 gb, couple of players have around 500k hands on them, all plo. Hero on one alias 550k on another 150k.

You have given so much info to go through, but maybe its just notecaddy? I had HM 2 running perfectly before new windows installation, it shouldn't have problems working on this machine... I turned off auto refresh maybe it will help.

OK it seems like I found a solution - I turned off NoteCaddy and so far it seems like HM 2 is running way smoother.
    Last edited by MIStrZZZ; 08-04-2018 at 12:52 PM.

--
    Last edited by MIStrZZZ; 08-04-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Try the other suggestions as well.

If you continue to have trouble, create a ticket and send in the logs.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)