Possible Error in How Aliases are Handled

Default Possible Error in How Aliases are Handled

The attached image is from the tournaments tab with an alias selected as the player. Now I understand that some hands will appear multiple times given that they need to be factored in from the varying perspectives of different players within the alias. However you'll notice that the position ie. SB doesn't change for the duplicated hands. Is this correct? Shouldn't the player's position change if we are seeing the hand from differing perspectives? Also notice that the column totals are adding the results of the 'duplicate' hands even though they don't differ in any way as far as I can tell.

I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm if this is correct. Thx!

alias.jpg

It will be complicated because there are multiple "heroes" in the hand. You can't expect the positions to be accurate when you have "heroes" playing against each other in the hand.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    It will be complicated because there are multiple "heroes" in the hand. You can't expect the positions to be accurate when you have "heroes" playing against each other in the hand.
    Ok so correct me if I'm wrong- the alias really only supports hero across multiple sites then. Multiple villains can be added to one alias but the aggregate data will not be accurate and therefore aliases with multiple villains are effectively not supported in HM2.
    Last edited by OingoBoingo; 07-05-2018 at 02:12 PM.

It's not designed to have a hand with multiple heroes in it. The alias is basically a collection of heroes - so if you play on Stars, Party and 888, it combines that group of players, so you see how you played/winnings. If you combine 3 Stars players, who play together, then it is not as accurate, especially when they'll all play different positions. So position info/filtering may not be right.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Alright, I understand. Thanks Chris.