Note creation stalling

Default Note creation stalling

Hi,

I have just created a new database and uploaded close to a million hands. I have vacuumed the database as well.

When I press Start of note creation it kicks off, but stalls within seconds. It processed 1181 hands before stopping. If I press start again it did another 500 hands or so before it stalled again.

I have tried to turn off the TurboHandGrabber in the DatabaseSettings, but it does not seem to have any impact.

I have a powerful machine with 16 threads. I have not had any problems like this before and I have been using NC for a long time.

Appreciate your input.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Are you seeing a large error log file being created in this folder
    C:\Users\[your_windows_login]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyLogs?

Which site are these hands from? Are they original or converted via a converter?

If you try to make all your definitions except one simple one inactive, does it proceed normally?
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Hi, this problem somehow went away soon after I reported it. I am not entirely sure why so I did not follow up.

Now, I am on a different computer having just restored a backup of my latest NC definitions and are attempting to re-create notes.

Again, it is stalling the processing. This is a small ish database with only 100k hands.

There is a log file in the NoteCaddyLog directory. It is 624k in size. I took a quick look and there is nothing obviously weird being reported.

The hands are from pokerstars. Most of them are original. Some of them may have been through a converter, I am not sure.

I have made all but one definition inactive as you suggested and the problem still persists.

Let me know what you think are best next steps.

Thanks

No direction but to trust the final destination

My apologies for the delayed response. Please try the new beta http://forums.holdemmanager.com/note...any-fixes.html. It has so many fixes and performance improvements that it is hardly even the same program anymore. Hopefully it helps
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)