cant connect to the postgresql database

Default cant connect to the postgresql database

May be one time in 3 moth is working AND YES I TRIED EVERYTHING. and i'm not only one. Amazing that you use postgres.
    It's show system 5 error.
    I tried every postgresql troublesooting advice but not working again.
    Last edited by Nasty Suicide; 01-08-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Did you make sure Secondary Logon is set to automatic and running?

Did you reset the winsock?

Did you reinstall SQL?

Did you recently update Windows 10?

What are your antivirus and firewall?

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:
    - Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
    - Please send your \HM2Logs folder files as well - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click - send to - compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

My windows10 update is update long time ago.
    I reset winsock.
    Avast antivirus. I shut down and unistalled but not working.
    If i reinstall postgres did i loose all my handhistory?

Please answer what should i do?

PostgreSQL Whisperer

Hi,
    You`re (not) alone. Other customers have similar issues too. It could be because of meltdown update for Win 10. Not all AVs work properly with this update. So I`d suggest uninstall Avast and see how PostgreSQL works without AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishikawa View Post
    Hi,
    You`re (not) alone. Other customers have similar issues too. It could be because of meltdown update for Win 10. Not all AVs work properly with this update. So I`d suggest uninstall Avast and see how PostgreSQL works without AV.
    I am also having the same problem. I have Windows 10 and recently upgraded to Avast Premium. But I've completely uninstalled it - and have tried everything on the troubleshooting page. It simply will not let me connect to PostgreSQL. I'm at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin6651 View Post
    I am also having the same problem. I have Windows 10 and recently upgraded to Avast Premium. But I've completely uninstalled it - and have tried everything on the troubleshooting page. It simply will not let me connect to PostgreSQL. I'm at a loss.
    It appears there might be an issue with PostgreSQL and reinstalling it should help resolve this.

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser). This is important because it will install critical updates that affect PostgreSQL and maybe related to the issues you are seeing.

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup or Restore via PostgreSQL work? (Advanced Method) but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

Once you have backed up your previous database(s) then follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\8.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Da tabase (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) Restart your PC

5) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...er_2_Setup.exe

Start HM2 again and create a New Database.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)