How can I open the config.HEM file?

Default How can I open the config.HEM file?

I've tried opening in notepad and in IE, and neither works. In notepad it appears as gibberish! I'm trying to adjust the session timeout so that if I stop playing for 15 minutes, HEM will record it as two sessions instead of one.

Config.HEM is a binary file, possibly a persisted object store, and it's not meant to be edited by hand. And if you do so, it would likely screw up the world.

I assume what you're looking for is the HoldemManager.config file in the Config folder, and this setting in particular:

<setting name="SessionTimeoutDuration">30</setting>

Although I'm not sure of the ramifications of editing this directly, or whether there is a proper way to edit it from within HEM (I haven't looked).

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran68 View Post
    Config.HEM is a binary file, possibly a persisted object store, and it's not meant to be edited by hand. And if you do so, it would likely screw up the world.

I assume what you're looking for is the HoldemManager.config file in the Config folder, and this setting in particular:

<setting name="SessionTimeoutDuration">30</setting>

Although I'm not sure of the ramifications of editing this directly, or whether there is a proper way to edit it from within HEM (I haven't looked).
    Worked perfectly. Thanks very much!