Notes do not work

Default Notes do not work

Hi
    unfortunately my hud notes do not work.
    I have tried HM2 at Party Poker and ACR.
    Every time I click the Hud notes, the note pad appears for a split second and then just
    dissapears.
    Despite that everything works fine.
    Is that a bug? Or are the notes blocked by the sites?
    I use the full pro HM2 PLO and NLH version.
    I have windows 7

Greets

Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

If you move the table/replayer out of the way can you see the note editor behind the table?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Which Operating System, Firewall, and AntiVirus are you using?

If you move the table/replayer out of the way can you see the note editor behind the table?
    Hi,

I use the Avast Anti Virus Free Version. OS is windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Firewall.
    Can't see the pad behind the tables.

A) Please export your custom HUD's in HUD Settings > HUD Designer.

Then delete the prefs.xml file in this folder:

Windows 7/8/10, Vista

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Config

XP

C:\Documents And Settings\[Username]\Application Data\HoldemManager\Config

To see these folders you may have to enable hidden files.

Try to reproduce the problem using the default HUD/settings. If it works properly you can try importing your customized HUD again. If the problem returns after importing the custom HUD then you know that config is corrupted and you will need to delete it and rebuild it from scratch or import an older backup of that HUD config that was created before the corruption. If you have to rebuild the HUD and don't have a backup/export of your HUD from before the corruption occurred you can try to find a similar HUD to use as a starting template from our HUD Repository.

B) If you continue to have problems with the default HUDs:

Avast causes major issues. It blocks the database folder, keeping us from writing to it. In some cases, we have seen Avast corrupt Windows to the point the hard drive needs to be reformatted. We do not recommend using it at any time. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials or Kaspersky for the lowest chance of HM2 conflicts while staying protected against viruses.

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
    2) Reboot your computer
    3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...ger_2_Beta.exe
    - After downloading, you should right-click the file, go to properties and click unblock.*
    * If you do not see an 'unblock' option you can ignore this step.
    - Then, right click the file and run as administrator.
    4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender (unless you are using Windows 10, in which case it should be enabled), and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall)
    5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials (unless you are using Windows 10) for antivirus/malware protection and update it - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210

C) If none of that helps please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'HUDStats' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu.

Please reproduce the problem and attach your \HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing.

Please zip and email the requested file via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum name.