Notacaddy crash at start

Default Notacaddy crash at start

Hi,

My hm2 crashes when I try to run notecaddy. It freezes my holdem and that´s it. I run the last version of hm2 and use notecaddy edge 1. My pc runs on a windows 7, and has a i5-2500 cpu@3.3GHz and 8 gb ram. I used it before for years so not sure on what s going on. I have around 100gb of free space on my disc (256gb ssd total capacity). MY database has 8 GB, but I have worked with bigger db in the past with no problems.

I think notecaddy is using all the ram trying to run / make new notes but it ends doing nothing. I tryed deleting the files recommended to delete in this kind of situation:

caddysettings.xml
    caddylayout.xml
    noteDefinitionsLayout.xml
    colorDefinitionsLayout.xml
    defaultmappings.xml
    caddyReportNewHandsLayout.xml
    caddyReportNewNotesLayout.xml

But nothing changed. I also removed the folder NoteCaddyDefinitions under roaming but nothing changed. Please remember that I can not open the program itself to change any definition inside the notecaddy.

No direction but to trust the final destination

Seems like you already did what I would normally suggest to do so I'm not sure of what will work but there are some things you can try

-Try to run C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\NoteCaddy.HM2Update.exe
    -Try to create a new (empty) database then restart HM2 and see if it will open then
    -Reinstall HM2. That's normally not recommended for fixing problems but the latest HM2 release has an old version of NC (which auto updates when you open it) so maybe that helps.

My apologies for the inconvenience
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by sreticentv View Post
    -Try to run C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\NoteCaddy.HM2Update.exe
    -Try to create a new (empty) database then restart HM2 and see if it will open then
    -Reinstall HM2. That's normally not recommended for fixing problems but the latest HM2 release has an old version of NC (which auto updates when you open it) so maybe that helps.
    I tried all of this, nothing worked. Would like more advice on what to do, maybe send some logs to support or something?

So no help? Is my only option to format my hard drive? Any outher place where I can ask for help?

Unfortunately you can't turn on logging without being able to access the NC main screen. Make sure your windows is fully updated and try disabling your firewall and antivirus temporarily. I've never heard of anything like this before so am pretty lost on what the cause of the problem is. It can't be using all your memory on an empty database with no definitions. There has to be some external process like the antivirus or firewall halting everything
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Hi,

For some reason the new database I created has 90 hands 2 year old from prima? I have no ideia how it hapened, I deleted the new database and created the a new one again, for a second time, but somehow I still have 90 hands on the database. I have no ideia why / how this happened, but it happened. Can I fix this / how do I fix this / what can I do about this.

I catch the computer creating notes on this new database ( https://gyazo.com/fdfebc2df99fcc6e40516bf37db91edf ?????) it has somehow created the 902 notes? But the hm still crashes when I go to run notecaddy . I don t know if it helps but there is a quick snap of my system after the hm crashed / before I took it down using task manager ( https://gyazo.com/3b62c7a5fabb082e598338018e59b316 ).

For the prima hands it could be that they're in an auto import folder and are not able to be moved after import for some reason. That is very unusual though if they're 2 years old. Also when it says it's creating 962 notes that's referring to the amount of hands not the amount of notes so there's actually 962 hands. Your second screenshot shows that your system has plenty of available resources even when HM2 freezes so I'm still thinking some external program is causing this. Are you able to boot your windows into safe mode with network support and try to run it?

So I deleted all prima installations on my pc (I don t play there) and deleted the db and created a new one and now it looks like I really have 0 hands on my fresh db. Problem is, it still crashes when I open notecaddy. I run safe mode with network but was not able to log in into hm as it said postress 8.4 was not runing or installed or something and I tried do retry connection, but it did not work and I really don t want to keep changing definitions I don t really understand. FYI I have all the last updates and no antivirus. I would like to know who to ask for 1 on 1 tech support, this is going for 1 week+ and I m pretty sure someone who knows what he is doing can solve this in 20 minutes, is just that I m not very tech savvy and I m doing my best and is not working.

The problem is nobody has seen this happen before. There has been no new NC version for about a year so for it to just stop working one day and none of the things that have worked in all other cases working now means there is not anyone who could spend 20 minutes and fix it. If I could I would but I think literally the only things left to try would be to:

-uninstall HM2 and delete all the files in c:\program files... and in appdata\roaming\hm2 then reinstall maybe to a different path
    -Try to create a new windows user and install to a different path
    -reinstall windows

I am very sorry for the continued inconvenience but in 6+ years tens of thousands of users this has never happened so please try to understand I am at least as frustrated as you are