Help needed for beginner, HUD size, hand number

Default Help needed for beginner, HUD size, hand number

I am new... have HM2 and NoteCaddy and the Assassinato HUD using on BetOnLine with Card Catcher.

Problems I need help with (and please, I am not very techy so keep it simple):

1. My HUD font is too big and takes up most of my table. I've tried clicking and unclicking "scale font" and minimized font size without success. How can I adjust the HUD sizes?

2. The pop up for my HUD seems to just show the number of hands for each Villain being tracked in that particular game. How do I change it to reflect all hands I've seen Villain play?

3. I am a complete virgin to HUD, and I see there is an infinite amount of information and a steep uphill climb. Is there any type of step by step HUD for beginners or HUD for Dummies that can lead me through a logical basic instruction and lead me slowly up to more advanced concepts one at a time?

Thanks,

Don

Hello

1) Make sure you are adjusting the right HUD.

If you notice that the text seems large and is overlapping buttons and the UI in places, or the HUD is shifted to the left and above the table slightly, it is probably your DPI settings

Just change your DPI Scaling to 125 or 96/Normal - Please see this FAQ - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Adjusting DPI settings

2) There are some settings that can cause the HUD to show less hands, or to reset. Please make sure that these steps are followed to set the HUD to show all hands:

Make sure the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > [ ] 'Use session stats' is disabled. Also check the Table HUD Options to be sure it is set to All Hands and not Session Stats - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Table HUD

- HUD Settings > HUD Filters should all be set to '2 to 10' and make sure that both check box options under Filter by limits are checked [x].

- HUD Settings > HUD Filters > Filter by date / numer of hands > 'Include hands newer than X months old' should be set to 120 and 'Use last X hands' should be set to 0.

- HUD Settings > Tournament Filters are all set to '1 to 81+'. Changing these filters to anything other than their default settings will make the HUD Stats change drastically based on the number of players at the table and/or their stack sizes in tournaments.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/gen...screenshot.htm - showing the HUD, the Report for one of the selected players with the problems, and pictures of the HUD Filters and Tournament Filters and attach a log file as explained in this FAQ - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How Do I Send a Log File to Holdem Manager Support?

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

3) Click the Blue ? anywhere to bring up the FAQ for that feature. You can also see the Home - HM2TV videos for a lot of features. You can also view videos on our Youtube channel.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Each HUD configuration has separate saved settings for its preferences so font size, opacity, etc, are set specifically for each HUD. If you haven't made changes to a specific HUD layout in settings you wont see any change in your HUD display.

Default settings should allow you to double-click a player's HUD dsiplay on a table to switch between total and session stats.

Think simple. Use a minimal HUD and as you become more familiar with the program you can make adjustments as you see fit.

Try not to be HUD-centric in your thinking. While it may be possible to adjust your play to some sort of idealized values, adjusting your play in-game to approximate those values can be problematic and potentially catastrophic to your win rate.

The HUD is a tool to aid your decision-making apparatus and it can be very easy to use the data available to support the decisions you want to make rather than make the correct decision. Be aware of the distinction.

Using a HUD has a cost in attention, that cost is higher for new users, be aware of this and try not to dick-around with your HUD to the detriment of your overall game. When you're first using your HUD you should do so with exteme circumspection, treat it as a hostile entity as misunderstandidng or misinterpreting data is worse than having no data at all.

HEM2 is a ginormous pain in the ass. It takes patience and perseverence to solve problems so it's a good idea to always question what you're trying to accomplish and whether it's worth accomplishing. Be willing to set a problem aside to return to later or risk permanent, life-threatening tilt. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm sorry to tell you that HEM2 is kind of a nightmare for the technically challenged, PT4 is equally abysmal. With enough time and effort you can resolve any issue, but more than once I've thrown stuff into the 'not worth' basket. I consider HEM2 a little slice of my own personal hell, surely karma for each suck-out and bad-beat I've divvied out, but its utility and my overall investment make it pretty much indispensible.

Bionicape... helpful and entertaining post... you made me laugh as well as think! I figured I'd still with 10cent-$1 SNGs while I figure this thing out. I like your logic and recommendations.

Don

My pleasure, man. Also, If I wanted to learn how to use a HUD quickly and cheaply I would sign up for a free trial at one of the training sites and just try to achieve maximum saturation (within something resembling reason).

You may not find all the specific training videos you want for free but hand history reviews or session reviews will almost invariably involve some sort of babble about stats and stuff.

Actually, I would just straight up buy a month's subscription at one of the training sites. Thirty bucks will save you a ton of work.
    Last edited by bionicape; 08-25-2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: I'm a psycho auto-editor.

I agree, training sites and forums are an excellent way to learn about stats. You can also download HUDs from us to check out. Log into your account and click Download HUDs at the top.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)