importing WPN text files

Default importing WPN text files

I'm trying to import specific hands from the WPN network into a fresh database by exporting certain ones from their original db and it imports them ok, but when I click off the player name and back on it again all the reports just disappear. And HM1 won't import them at all, just errors. I know their original folders and files are stored as DHH and PHH files so how do I import successfully the text file version? ty
    Last edited by RunBad4Life; 08-04-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Are you trying to import in HM1 or HM2?

Just import them from your c:\hmarchive or c:\hm2archive. Don't bother exporting them.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

hm2. I can't do that becuz they're specific hands filtered using the HM filters that I'm wanting to merge with another username grpah that has different filters also. Like I get you can merge multiple usernames into an alias in HM, but you can't have different filters for each username that I know of.

I cannot duplicate this. What do you mean the reports disappear?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

don't know it just spazzes out. it imports the hands and shows the numbers of whatever report. Then if I change the sn and come back to it again all the hands are there but report figures just disappear, nothing there.

Please try to vacuum/analyze and reindex your database - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Database Manager (Ribbon)

If you continue to have problems, try the following:

Try creating a new DataBase and import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How to create a new database and import previously played hands

If the new database seems to work properly, it sounds like your database might be corrupt. Please continue to use the new database and import the rest of your hands using the steps above. This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup.

Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I've tried exporting a very small number of hands into a new db from WPN hm2archive and that works.

I've opened the text files to compare the hh layout between that of hm2archive and that of exported hands and there is no difference. So why won't exported hands work? The text being imported is precisely the same...

What are you trying to import into?
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by RunBad4Life View Post
    into a new db

Send us a sample of the original hands, exported hands, and screenshots/details of the problems.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to us using the 'Contact Support' link.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM2Archive\2016\07\31).

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, then click 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using filedropper.com or google drive.