calculations

Thread: calculations

Default calculations

I am trying to research all of the stats LB is giving me a bad grade on. My problem is that some of the calculations seem to be much different than what PT4 shows as the same. For example Early UO PFR is showing as 21.1 in LB. But when I run the codes below I am getting 13.1 (5,6) and 14.7 (4,5,6). Which isn't even close to the LB values. I am a professional database developer and I really want to use your product to its maximum capabilities but I can't do that if I can't understand how you are arriving at the calculations. *I am able to match the sample size shown in the top right of the window. Therefore I know that I am applying the correct initial filter

SELECT
    count(CASE WHEN s.position IN (5,6) AND s.flg_p_open = true THEN s.id_hand END) * 100.0 /
    count(CASE WHEN s.position IN (5,6) AND s.flg_p_open_opp = true THEN s.id_hand END) EP_open56,
    count(CASE WHEN s.position IN (4,5,6) AND s.flg_p_open = true THEN s.id_hand END) * 100.0 /
    count(CASE WHEN s.position IN (4,5,6) AND s.flg_p_open_opp = true THEN s.id_hand END) EP_open456
    FROM cash_hand_player_statistics
    WHERE id_player=_myid AND cnt_players >=7 --full ring

I'm not sure this is the correct forum. Maybe it doesn't matter as much since PT and HM have merged.

So are you running these from within PT4 though and not from the DB? The data will match exactly when the filters are set correctly. Maybe you're including some non-no-limit hands, or hands that are outside of the stake that LB ran on. Gard to say, but we've had this data and filter process set for a long time. The data has always matched. Nothing has changed in this particular respect in 5+ years.

Screenshot 2017-07-03 14.04.13.pngScreenshot 2017-07-03 14.05.18.png
    Please look at the attached screenshots from LB and PT4

So what am I looking at specifically? In the LB screen you have a filter set for this month. In the PT screen you have all hands w/ no additional filters set (like number of players, stakes, game types, etc...).

If you look in this thread, you'll see several threads started w/ your question and the same resolution. When the filters are set the same for LB and PT the data is the same (because it's accessed the same way).

6-max data will have players set at 5-6 players (and it says this in LB). Full ring is 7+ players. But trust me when I say the data it's looking at and running is accurate. If there's something specific you have a question about in your game, we're more than happy to assist.

I'd advise just running all of your hands for this year, and then running the same thing in PT4, but just make sure you have no-limit and stake values set, and then number of players (depending on if you're running 6 max or FR).

Screenshot 2017-07-06 09.10.16.pngScreenshot 2017-07-06 09.10.49.pngScreenshot 2017-07-06 09.12.56.png
    I set the filters from PT4 so that the # of overall hands basically matches the sample size of LB (53544 for LB and 53547 for PT4). The LB screen shot shows the SB with a 4 bet range of 0.4. According to a response I received from LB support the 4 bet range is raise first in * 4 bet pct. Therefore I included those 2 columns in the screen shot from PT4. It shows RDI as 40.50 and 4 bet PF as 2.55. That would give a value of 1.03275. Therefore I still cannot figure out how LB is getting their value

You contacted Holdem manager support, that's not from LB support. But any ways, yeah you're not looking at the correct data. Are you trying to ensure that the data in LB is valid, or what is the specific goal exactly?

Poker tracker doesn't have an exact equivalency for 4-bet range. 4-bet range is what % of your opening range you are 4-betting vs a 3bet. That value I get for you there is .6%. I'm not 100% sure if it's UN RFI or just RFI. I would think it would just be RFI. Regardless, your value is super low. The point is you need to add some 4-bet's to your range. LB probably isn't telling you something you don't already know here I'd assume.