Database error when trying to open HM2

Default Database error when trying to open HM2

Hi, yesterday something happened when I tried SnowieAPP trial. I got this database error-massage every time I try to open HM2.

I reinstalled HM2 and postgres and checked that postgres and seclogon is running. Also checked from PGadmin that my database was online. I then reimported my hand history and noticed that 3/4 of it was gone.. It worked like for 15 minutes after all this and then the error appeared again. any Ideas how I should fix this?

DATABASE ERROR.jpg

You will need to upgrade Postgres to a newer version from www.postgresql.org

Please note that reinstalling PostgreSQL will mean losing all your old data. If you have access to HM2 and your database was not corrupt then please follow these instructions for backing up your database as a precaution in case you cannot reconnect after reinstalling PostgreSQL - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup and Restore Database, Settings and HUD configs work?

If you cannot access the database in HM2 then you can backup your database using this method: Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: How does Backup or Restore via PostgreSQL work? (Advanced Method) but if your database was corrupt then the best solution is to reimport all your hands from C:/HM2archive folder or if your pokersite supports it you can request all your hands and summaries and reimport them as restoring a corrupt database will just restore all the problems you had.

Once you have backed up your previous database(s) then follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL using the same database.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator and type the following and then press enter:

net user postgres /delete

3) You should get a successfully completed response if done correctly. If you get a permission type error you likely didnt run it as administrator as explained above.

4) Reboot your PC

5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL (HM2 ships with 8.4) - http://www.enterprisedb.com/products...wnload#windows - as your previous database using these instructions - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL 8.4 while preserving database
    http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgres84
    Regards udbrky (Chris)