HM Sync Question!

Default HM Sync Question!

Hey, I have detailed question to better understand HM Sync. I hope it becomes clear what I want.

Before ~2014 when I bought my new laptop I had a Database called "everything" and I guess at one point I had "synced" it to the cloud..!?!

With the purchase of my current machine I created a new database called "newlaptopstart"...

When I currently click on "Database" in HEM2 "newlaptopstart" is the only database that is shown.

When I go to "Database" -> "HM Sync" I have the otpions to click "Unlink Database" under "HM Cloud Database:" and also the "Auto sync when HM2 exits" is unchecked.

BELOW THAT it says
    Local Database...
    Database to sync:
    "everything"

Last synced to cloud:
    Never

...and then the option to "Start Sync"

So far so good:

My first question is: Why does it, under "Local Databse", say Database to sync "everything"?? Since my only "local" (I guess local means: on the machine, right?) Database right now is the beforementioned "newlaptopstart" database!?

If I press "Start Sync" it starts to download batches of hands. Is it trying to create a new database? Or is it just implementing the hands from my before-2014-synced-hands-to-the-cloud into my current database?

Because I was confused I immediately stopped the Sync Process because I was downloading hands even though I was planning to upload my current database as a backup...
    And I really don't get why it says that my "Local Database" or my "Database to sync" is the "everything" database which as far as I can see or remember does not exist on my machine.

Thank you for the patience to see through this and I hope you can clear my confusion

Kind regards

Select the database from the cloud. Then click select.

You should get a second screen showing the start HM2 Sync.

Please see this FAQ to transfer/backup data - Hold'Em Manager 2 FAQs - Poker Software :: What Files Should I Backup to Protect my Holdem Manager?

This will ensure that you have your hand histories and HUD saved to import into a new computer, and as a backup to restore in case of an emergency. I recommend you do this at least once a month and keep the last 2 or 3 most recent backups (and your \HM2Archive folder) stored on an external drive and/or cloud storage site like dropbox or google drive.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Thank you - but I am really sorry but this is absolutely not helpful and does not answer my question at all.

I thought so that my thread is a little bit confusing but your "one for all" answer does not help me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Select the database from the cloud. Then click select.

You should get a second screen showing the start HM2 Sync.
    1. Where to select that? I don't see "the cloud" with any databases shown!?!
    2. There is no second screen.

It is really necessary to read my request carefully; I outlined it in as much detail as I could.

Under "Local Databse" it say the name of a database which does/and/or should not exist on my machine any longer.

When I click "Start Sync" it starts downloading hands, instead of uploading.

This is how it looks - I just want to understand which database is stored "in the cloud" and wether or not it matters when I start to sync and what exactly will happen when I do this.

What happens when you click "start sync" there?

It's going to sync both ways, that's what sync does - it uploads and downloads, so that the cloud and local databases are the same.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

What happens?

-> well, it starts downloading hands..

But my main concern/question/confusion is why the "local database" is called COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than my actual local database!?!...
    I just don't get that point...
    Is this just a naming mistake? Or does this mean that I once uploaded this old database to the cloud?..
    The thing is that this old database was VERY BIG and I don't want to download all those hands and include them into my current database because I won't actually use any of the hands for actual play.
    When I click this:

is that the same as clicking "Start Sync" in the other picture?

It's showing that you are syncing the local DB to the cloud db.

Try creating a new db and syncing the cloud, so it will DL the hands that you have on the cloud.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)