ram inject

Thread: ram inject

Default ram inject

hi screti,

there's this little function "preload all player notes". I tried it and totally failed. Ive 16GB of DDR3 Ram, 500k hands, about 10k definitions. After few minutes the space was filled with 15GB and I quit the test. Ive I7 4770k.

Can you give a formula how the connection between the factors hands and definitions is? If no formula can be given, your experience would be great, like for (500k hands: 1k defs= , 5k defs=, 10k defs= ;2.000k hands: 1k defs=, 5k defs=, 10k defs= ) . cause then I would buy a lot more ram, if this is an option..

And since I couldnt test it until now live, is there a great performance increase especially in the HUD lagging?
    I think also then the point "import while playing" should be off ?

would it effect on speed to combine two cores/computers to build one bigger, or is this even possible?

will there be a workaround/new techniques with HM3 for speed increase/more stability?

sry for all the questions but would be great if you could answer to all, cause everything is lagging (performance advices all done in different variations)

thank you a lot for helping

No direction but to trust the final destination

10k definitions is an edge case. I can't predict how much memory you need because there are too many other factors like: are you saving note history, how many notes does each definition create, etc.

The preload function was intended for zoom players before HM made some changes so that NC could support zoom without doing anything special. In your case I don't think preloading will be a big help.

I think also then the point "import while playing" should be off ?
    This probably would help you since creating notes for 10k definitions will use a lot of ssd bandwidth

would it effect on speed to combine two cores/computers to build one bigger, or is this even possible?
    It's possible but probably not feasible for this use case https://www.techopedia.com/definitio...mputer-cluster

will there be a workaround/new techniques with HM3 for speed increase/more stability?
    There will be some optimizations for composite definitions for the HM3 version of NC
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

thank you for answering to everything, but asked in another way...what could help from the view of a programmer, how can the bottleneck be destroyed??special hardware, software? thank you

No direction but to trust the final destination

The hard drive is generally the bottleneck when we're talking about retrieving/updating in realtime. If you can do an SSD RAID or even just multiple SSDs with one dedicated to postgres that's already quite effective
    NoteCaddy Manual | Coaching Packs | Blog
    NoteCaddy experts: a.k.aAlso, Catalyst_Kh, Derders, karstenkloss, scoobediah (NoteCaddy Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by Sepoleon View Post
    special hardware
    Despite your CPU being a really good one (i use the same), you might consider going for a new I7 7700k. It tops the performance of the 4770k by 25% which should give a noticeable difference. As Sreticentv already pointed out, 10k definitions is a lot and no matter what setup you'll use, you probably won't get a lag-free experience. From my experience everything in the area of 3k definitions or more will cause problems on any computer.